this will be the only decent version of DC we get for a LONG time.....

...."Cop a Feel" ????

Last edited:
Skyknight said:
No, Supergirl will not be in it, she's out of the equation for good, the series won't carry ANYTHING over from JLU, that's a confirmed fact from the producers.'

You serious? ****. This new show's going to be ass. A Teen Titans clone, only "in the future".

New question: Anyone got any idea how long the DCAU will suck?

Can't say I was too fond of this episode. Something about it seemed really flat and Kara's love for Brainiac competely and utterly out of nowhere without giving them any kind of remote chemistry.

Batman and Wonder Woman have had chemistry.... GL, Hawkgirl and uuuuhh, whoever GL's current gilfriend is have chemistry. Supergirl's crush seemed more like a 12 year olds and Brainic's fake.

I hate to see her leave the DCAU like that.

Ah well.. if they're closing up this series, I guess it doesn't matter all that much.

Lurker
I can agree, the only part I liked was the "Crisis" joke visual with Kara being held by John. (paroding Crisis Issue Seven, the GOOD Crisis, not this "Infinite" junk)

If this were a two parter, the romance would've been played out better I think, but if little time left, they just rushed a lot of it.

J-Caizer said:
Can't say I was too fond of this episode. Something about it seemed really flat and Kara's love for Brainiac competely and utterly out of nowhere without giving them any kind of remote chemistry.

Batman and Wonder Woman have had chemistry.... GL, Hawkgirl and uuuuhh, whoever GL's current gilfriend is have chemistry. Supergirl's crush seemed more like a 12 year olds and Brainic's fake.

I hate to see her leave the DCAU like that.

Ah well.. if they're closing up this series, I guess it doesn't matter all that much.

GL/Hawkgirl is about as bad as Supergirl/Brainy, I think. Anyways. I was great seeing the Legion designed decently, if nothing else. Still, if it had been a two-parter, it would've been a much much better episode. Screw the romance--I wanted to see Cosmic Boy! :laugh:

Fayt Linegod said:
Until Bruce Timm decides to get back into the game? A LOOOOOOOOONG time.

Isn't he doing a Brave and the Bold?

By the Power of Gaia!!!
Sage Shinigami said:
GL/Hawkgirl is about as bad as Supergirl/Brainy, I think.

Well, if that's the case, next week's ep, "Ancient History" should make you happy. Personally, I think John and Vixen are a better couple.

Sage Shinigami said:
Isn't he doing a Brave and the Bold?

I dunno--is he? I haven't heard too much about what he's doing next.

On another note, Joanne Whaley(Val Kilmer's ex) made a pretty solid performance as the Emerald Empress.

Last edited:
Lurker
Fayt Linegod said:
Well, if that's the case, next week's ep, "Ancient History" should make you happy. Personally, I think John and Vixen are a better couple.

Except John doe'snt acutally love her, he's just using her to stick two fingers up at "destiny", he wants to be in control and not fall into a set course of history just because he fathers Warhawk.
Carter says it best in the episode when he says "We know how this story ends" to Hawkgirl, and accepts John is her only true love, John is the only one who does'nt want to admit he wants to be with her

Vixen's sole purpose is to be the third wheel and has had no real character to call her own, she's just there to get in the way of a couple that matters to the canon of Batman Beyond. Kind of glad "Ancient History"
Sticks her in a badly injured state, it makes you wonder if she'll ever recover completly

Last edited: