Class of 2005
Would be nice if we can get a female African-American on the team again. We're overdue for one which I think violet or pink is sounding pretty good right about now. Wish I could audition but I have no idea how to do from where I live.

Agreed. Just as long as we don't get anoerexic heifers like Gia and Emma. Characters not the actors.

Wait why those specific races for those colors? Like Southeast Asian for Gold? When they've already said he's a knight from 600 years ago. Like there is logic to any of it.

Then I guess scratch Gold then?

I would go for this casting mainly to appeal to the diversity of America and if it was going for an international set of rangers. On the other hand, them being diverse would be a change from the Power Rangers as its been for the last 20 years. Case in point, we have never had that much diversity on a single team since MMPR or Wild Force. MMPR had by its end half of its team being minorities. Lost Galaxy had three, LSR two, but the Disney era had a bit with Ninja Storm being the first with two Asian Americans playing rangers and the first with a Maori ranger [though Mystic Force didn't have an African American ranger but had the first Middle Eastern.]

The Kyoryuger came from around the world, so why not advance on that?

Class of 2005
Then I guess scratch Gold then?

I would go for this casting mainly to appeal to the diversity of America and if it was going for an international set of rangers. On the other hand, them being diverse would be a change from the Power Rangers as its been for the last 20 years. Case in point, we have never had that much diversity on a single team since MMPR or Wild Force. MMPR had by its end half of its team being minorities. Lost Galaxy had three, LSR two, but the Disney era had a bit with Ninja Storm being the first with two Asian Americans playing rangers and the first with a Maori ranger [though Mystic Force didn't have an African American ranger but had the first Middle Eastern.]

The Kyoryuger came from around the world, so why not advance on that?

Thank you.

Thank you.

If they're going for an international story like Kyoryuger, it would be incredibly unrealistic if half of them are Caucasian unless they were biracial natives or a small population of European Caucasians dotting each. However, the chances of every ranger being a single ethnicity or race over another are very close to slim to none.

Since it is a contemporary season , there are as much if not more Eastern Asians in the world today than there are Caucasians [though a majority of Indians and the majority in the Middle East could be identified as Caucasians as the Indo-European sphere stretched from the Isles to India anyways], Black Africans and so on. So therefore, Eastern Asians should make up at least 1/3 to a quarter of the team. Gold being a knight is a given , but then again, there were plenty of Black Africans as well in Medieval Europe, aka Moors. Just make Gold a Moor Knight from Spain and no problem there.

However, if we wanted to go the Battle Fever route, cast 1 person to represent each country/region to be used and it would work.

If they are going down an international route, I can see this:

Red:Far Eastern
Black: Latino or South American.
Blue: Moroccan/ Berber
Green: Hmong/Tibetan or Indian
Pink: Saharan African

Gold:Southeast Asian
Cyan:same as in Japan, preferably. If not, African American.

Navy: Arabian or white South African.
Violet: Latina and Slav, or Slav and Hmong.

If they ditch the international motif mostly, I can see:

Red: White American
Black: Eastern Asian
Blue: Middle Eastern
Green: Maybe another ethnicity?
Pink: Black American or White.

Gold: Caucasian or African Moor.

Cyan:same as in Japan, preferably. If not, Black American.

Navy: Arabian.

[HIDE]Samurai never explained how only Mia was Eastern Asian, or the fact of being samurai despite fleeing Japan to presumably intermarrying with at the earliest in the 1800's to: A union soldier or widow [which explains Jayden and Lauren] , a Latina/o Texan rebel, a former slave/ Black slaveowner/freedman and a confederate family [Emily]. Mia is possibly the only family that could have stayed in Japan up until the 1920's or after the War. And even if the samurai did marry like this, I highly doubt any descendants would be able to keep their status unless they were the only ones to survive and therefore, were forced to do that or give it up? If the ancestors of the rangers had the same makeup as their descendants, it becomes problematic with Kevin due to Japanese xenophobia of the time, unless said ancestor was highly liberal for his time and married.

Therefore, we shouldn't really place much logic if a knight becomes Black, Indian or whatever ethnicity and racial combination out there. [/HIDE]

Class of 2005
If they're going for an international story like Kyoryuger, it would be incredibly unrealistic if half of them are Caucasian unless they were biracial natives or a small population of European Caucasians dotting each. However, the chances of every ranger being a single ethnicity or race over another are very close to slim to none.

Since it is a contemporary season , there are as much if not more Eastern Asians in the world today than there are Caucasians [though a majority of Indians and the majority in the Middle East could be identified as Caucasians as the Indo-European sphere stretched from the Isles to India anyways], Black Africans and so on. So therefore, Eastern Asians should make up at least 1/3 to a quarter of the team. Gold being a knight is a given , but then again, there were plenty of Black Africans as well in Medieval Europe, aka Moors. Just make Gold a Moor Knight from Spain and no problem there.

However, if we wanted to go the Battle Fever route, cast 1 person to represent each country/region to be used and it would work.

If they are going down an international route, I can see this:

Red:Far Eastern
Black: Latino or South American.
Blue: Moroccan/ Berber
Green: Hmong/Tibetan or Indian
Pink: Saharan African

Gold:Southeast Asian
Cyan:same as in Japan, preferably. If not, African American.

Navy: Arabian or white South African.

If they ditch the international motif mostly, I can see:

Red: White American
Black: Eastern Asian
Blue: Middle Eastern
Green: Maybe another ethnicity?
Pink: Black American or White.

Gold: Caucasian or African Moor.

Cyan:same as in Japan, preferably. If not, Black American.

Navy: Arabian.

[HIDE]Samurai never explained how only Mia was Eastern Asian, or the fact of being samurai despite fleeing Japan to presumably intermarrying with at the earliest in the 1800's to: A union soldier or widow [which explains Jayden and Lauren] , a Latina/o Texan rebel, a former slave/ Black slaveowner/freedman and a confederate family [Emily]. Mia is possibly the only family that could have stayed in Japan up until the 1920's or after the War. And even if the samurai did marry like this, I highly doubt any descendants would be able to keep their status unless they were the only ones to survive and therefore, were forced to do that or give it up? If the ancestors of the rangers had the same makeup as their descendants, it becomes problematic with Kevin due to Japanese xenophobia of the time, unless said ancestor was highly liberal for his time and married.

Therefore, we shouldn't really place much logic if a knight becomes Black, Indian or whatever ethnicity and racial combination out there. [/HIDE]

Is Azim middle eastern too?

Anyway I want to marry you as your wife because that was straight up the truth just now. I'm sick of having half the team being white or giving the white characters as in TF case half the show. It is also weird that they air the show virtually everywhere pun intended but yet there's hardly diversity amongst the red rangers.

And some of your ideas I can see them pulling but then again I said the same thing to another fan during RPM preliminary stages/6/7th ranger arrivals.

As for the BFJ route it sounds like a copout but I can totally see it happening unfortunately.

Is Azim middle eastern too?

Anyway I want to marry you as your wife because that was straight up the truth just now. I'm sick of having half the team being white or giving the white characters as in TF case half the show. It is also weird that they air the show virtually everywhere pun intended but yet there's hardly diversity amongst the red rangers.

And some of your ideas I can see them pulling but then again I said the same thing to another fan during RPM preliminary stages/6/7th ranger arrivals.

As for the BFJ route it sounds like a copout but I can totally see it happening unfortunately.

Sorry, but not marrying yet.

The one defense I can give for the casting being the way it is is mainly due to the makeup of this country. We see a majority Caucasian cast because the majority is Caucasian, just like any other majority nation. It's also why Western and Northern European imports are vastly preferred over Asian products, due to cultural similarities. To be honest, we should be lucky that Power Rangers got the diversity it got in its cast. People typically will [if not used to] naturally acclimate to those who are similar-looking and or speak the same tongue/share culture. Since the show was made with an American audience, it created a cast that approximated the diverse makeup of the USA. No harm ,no foul.

Red Rangers are probably mostly Caucasian for the same reason that Reds in Sentai are ethnically Yamato, which is basically de facto rather than intentionally discriminatory.

Adam Rizk is Middle Eastern I believe.

If it was done like Battle Fever J casting-wise, we would likely have a truly multi-ethnic cast rather than BFJ's casting due to our diversity. But it's nor a big deal who gets chosen so much as those who are can act.

Agreed. Just as long as we don't get anoerexic heifers like Gia and Emma. Characters not the actors.

I don't think they are anorexic. I just don't feel like it it very diverse with even with the actors they have now. I want some actual African-Americans would be nice to have more on the same team as well. I really wish I could be a part of Dino Charge >.<