Jon Kent Will Be Replaced In Superman And Lois Season 3

Peter Paltridge

Well-Known Member
Staff member
When Superman And Lois returns in 2023 to what’s left of The CW, you might notice one character looks and sounds a bit different. Jordan Elsass, who played Jonathan Kent in the first two seasons of the series, is departing voluntarily. The series has picked a replacement: Australian actor Michael Bishop.
As for why Elsass is leaving the show, the official statement is the usual vague “personal reasons” boilerplate….but the actor opened up to his real motivation on, of all things, a Cameo to a fan. “It’s sad, it’s a real shame,” he’s quoted as saying. “I know that I was pumped for Season 3, for sure, but what are you going to do? Anyway, mental health is definitely 100% priority. It’s pinnacle. It’s got to take precedence. And mine has been…the last couple of years…it’s been rough.” Elsass went on to say in the video he may be considering abandoning acting altogether.
Replacing actors is something CW shows have fumbled with. Simply recasting the role is…..a relatively new phenomenon...

Continue reading...




 
I remember Jordan Elsass panicking after finding out that his character Jon is now in a gay relationship the comics because Jon came out as Bi. So if that will be adapted to the show, he will have to kiss boys. I think he left the show for that reason.
 
He is leaving not because his character will kiss boys. He quits because he have mental health issues he needs to deal with and he wants to prioritize his well being.
 
I will undoubtedly miss Jordan Elsass. One of the factors that contributed to the family dynamic, which is one of the critical themes of the show, was his chemistry with his on-screen brother Alexander Garfin.
But one's mental health matters, and admitting that one needs treatment is a significant step everyone should encourage. Best of luck to Jordan and the show, too.
 
It was almost written off, but I'd rather they recast since all they need is someone who gets along with the rest of the ensemble and can make the position his own. I pray that the next Jonathan is better.
 
Lets wish Jordan the best of luck, He sacrifice a high profile role on TV for his well being. I hope he gets the healing he needed.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top