Kikaida is back! I’ve only seen about the first two DVD’s of the original series and I have to say that I absolutely adored it. Jiro was the fucking man and a half. I always got chills when the bad guys thought they’d finally won the day, only to hear that sad tune play break through the silence and then to look up on high to see Jiro there in his jean jacket, strumming his guitar.
Anyway, thanks goes to ShadowRider for breaking the news.
Well, 01 does have at least two things going for it over the original:
1)Mari/Bijinda, who has one of the better storylines in the show.
2)Shadow Knight, who's more badass of a character than Gill Hakaida ever was, but unfortunately got shafted by the writers and reduced to background fodder after a while. But at least for a couple episodes, he owns like, everyone else in the show.