Jin Kazama cast for Tekken movie

Somehow I missed that Cary Tagawa has been cast as Heihachi. What the hell? I mean, yeah, Cary Tagawa has been a badass for decades, but he's not exactly the first guy that springs to mind when I think of "Huge motherfucker with slow moves and devastating power." I mean, he's over 50, so at least they got that right, but I dunno... couldn't someone have talked Bolo into getting back in shape? Dude's only 70.
 
Somehow I missed that Cary Tagawa has been cast as Heihachi. What the hell? I mean, yeah, Cary Tagawa has been a badass for decades, but he's not exactly the first guy that springs to mind when I think of "Huge motherfucker with slow moves and devastating power." I mean, he's over 50, so at least they got that right, but I dunno... couldn't someone have talked Bolo into getting back in shape? Dude's only 70.

Tagawa is a much better resemblance than Bolo. Body shape isn't really all that important when it comes to casting movies based on fighting games, because in the games everybody is portrayed as 300lbs, including the women. At least Hiroyuki has the facial features necessary to pull off a good Heihachi, and hey! he's Japanese. They finally got it right!
 
I was gonna say why cant they get japanes to play japanese

So I'll say it for you. ;)

As I've been so used to Japanese celebrities almost my whole life (there's plenty of handsome actors and beautiful actresses there who are worthy of being cast in a Hollywood film, IMHO), I've always been bothered by that. I know the Asian American community (and select other stars from Asia) is getting more aggressive in getting more acting jobs, but some actors cast in Japanese roles don't usually come off very Japanese to me. And in some cases, many of them are the usual American stereotypes (because to Americans, all Asians are alike).

But then, I'm just saying crazy talk. :P
 
It's nice to see that Tekken movie is coming. But I kinda feel sad that there's no Hwoarang and King.:disappoin
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top