Jessica Biel to play Wonder Woman?

Speaking for myself, though, I would've gone with Melina Kanakaredes.

2334_199775337_kanakaredes.lg_H161321_L.jpg

I concurred. :thumbs:
 
As far as I remember all the pics I've seen of Wonder Woman she DOES look older...like late 20's early 30's. Anyone know how old she is?

As for Biel, she looks like a friggen airhead barbie doll wannabe.

At least Rachel looks like she's got intelligence and wisdom. And she's sexy in that 'classy' sort of way, not 'trashy'.

Her canon chronological age varies I think in regards to a specific number but classically she is drawn as mid to late 20's or early 30's.. about the same age as Clark and Bruce. Basically she is portrayed as someone in their prime, a mature looking *woman* as opposed to a teenage or college girl. Even Bruce Timm's version in JLU who was supposed to be a little younger still had that.

Though to be fair, Lynda Carter who looked and acted the part in the 70's TV series was 24 (I think) when she got the part. BUT she had that mature, womanly look that matched the comics incarnation. The combination of her dead-on looks and sincere performance really immortalized her as the character. She did an excellent job even though the quality of the show itself is...well, it is what it is. Not to say I didn't enjoy it at times and I'm all for the spin henshin. :thumbs:

I agree with you about Rachel having a classy thing going.
 
Last edited:
The Post-Crisis Diana that George Perez created was in her late adolescence. So she was still fairly young when she re-introduced in DC continuity. Of course, this changed partially after Infinite Crisis.
 
Last edited:
I would agree except looking at this from a movie studio's POV.

They want to shoot at least one, probably more then one sequel if this is a successful film, over the course of anywhere from 3 to 5 years. And that means you really can't cast an actress who is older then 30 because her appearance will dramatically change over that period of time.

Especially with the advent and spread of HD.
 
As for Biel, she looks like a friggen airhead barbie doll wannabe.

Are you sure you know who Jessica Biel is? She's like an anti-supermodel, tomboy type.


....I still say Rachel Bilson. She's mouth-watering, and she's even worn the friggin' costume!
 
thought they already stopped production on the Flash when they dropped the director
 
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6356

Jessica Biel Passes on Justice League
Source: Lobo September 28, 2007


Entertainment Weekly has learned that Jessica Biel has decided to pass on playing Wonder Woman in Warner Bros.' live-action Justice League. The former "7th Heaven" star had been in early talks to play the Amazonian princess.

George Miller (Happy Feet) will direct the big screen adaptation. Kieran and Michele Mulroney wrote the script.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top