Japanese School Lunch

Dolphins are poisonous???? wow I din't know that

in my country we eat like america...only for one thing...Kuy...or...Guinea Pigs. so good
 
Oh, so what they said wasn't rubbish?
Well, not completely (though what your friends said still wasn't completely correct either).

As is demonstrated by what Igadevil said, there are some schools in Japan that have what we in the west would consider a "school lunch program" for their students. That being said, whether or not they have one depends on the individual school and what particular policy they set. It is not, by any means, part of some nation-wide program that all schools are made to participate in. Depending on the financial resources of the school (i.e. how much money they have to spend) they may have a setup like this, or they may not have one, and the kids have to bring their own lunches instead. Even if a school has a school lunch program, I'm pretty sure that there will likely be some kids who's families will choose to opt out of it and bring their own lunches from home instead.
 
Isn't a bento just a packed lunch :/ hell I use to bring in a packed lunch when I was a kid cos the cafeteria food was never that great.

There's nothing really japanese about the whole concept, its just a matter of whether the school has a cafeteria or if families are bothered to make their kids these lunches.
 
Oh, so what they said wasn't rubbish?

Not completely, but like JFC said, it depends on the area and the schools.

The schools in my city have a school lunch program. There's no cafeteria, students eat in the classroom with their teachers. Like I said, it's compulsory, so unless there are specific allergies, every student eats the same thing on a given day (for example, all school lunches have milk with them, so if you can't drink milk you can opt to skip it.) The teachers usually have the school lunch as well, though they can choose not to get it. It's cheap, easier than cooking and not actually that bad, strictly IMHO. It's varied enough and a heckuva lot better than what I used to have for school lunch in the US.

On some days, particular schools won't get the school lunch, say if an entire grade is on a field trip, so that gets designated a "bento day". Long story short though, yes, there is a school lunch in some schools in Japan. I'm only speaking for elementary level though, so I don't know how it works from middle school and up.
 
Dolphins are poisonous???? wow I din't know that.

Of course, Dolphins meat are poisonous. It pains me to see that they went to hunting to kill Dolphins for meat. Not just Dolphins as well. Whales meat are also poisonous. I don't know what will happens to humans when they eat that poisonous meat. (Shrugs)
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top