Japanese Heritage Month. (just an idea.)

arnoldmcguire335

Continuing the Creddie legacy
Since September is Hispanic heritage month, why not October a similar thing for our Japanese pals in America? cuz it gave me an idea after seeing the spanish versions of Disney Channel show intros during commercial breaks on Disney Channel, so I thought, "has America designated such for the Japanese?"

If it happens, Toku overload! XD

what do you guys think of it?
 
Do the Japanese have a holiday in which businesses and schools get closed other than Christmas and New years? I've always wondered that.
 
Do the Japanese have a holiday in which businesses and schools get closed other than Christmas and New years? I've always wondered that.

Yes, there's a ton. There's even one today actually!

Oh and the schools and businesses are open on Christmas. Classes for the kids have ended, but teachers still have to go in unless they're taking vacation time. Christmas really isn't a big deal here except for couples, retailers, and KFC.
 
Yes, there's a ton. There's even one today actually!

Oh and the schools and businesses are open on Christmas. Classes for the kids have ended, but teachers still have to go in unless they're taking vacation time. Christmas really isn't a big deal here except for couples, retailers, and KFC.

ok those i remember, but KFC?
i dont remember that being open..
 
Yes, there's a ton. There's even one today actually!

Oh and the schools and businesses are open on Christmas. Classes for the kids have ended, but teachers still have to go in unless they're taking vacation time. Christmas really isn't a big deal here except for couples, retailers, and KFC.

Yah quite true I remember one of my japanese girl friends telling me that! I also hear that New Years or Shogatsu is the most important holiday in Japan. They honor this holiday by celebrating three days in full Japanese tradition.
 
ok those i remember, but KFC?
i dont remember that being open..

I kid you not, it somehow became a Christmas tradition to get KFC on Christmas Eve/Christmas. It's not as well-known as the other traditions, but it's for real.
 
We've went overboard.

Since American government has no official month for Japanese Heritage, I, with the rest of the HJU members, consider October as Japanese Heritage Month!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top