I would have commended this game for being inclusive but they make things way too subtle to avoid offending the conservatives. Lightning is Gay but it is not the center of the story but they made a lot of hints about it.

Hi. Personally I would imagine she is heterosexual. I'm not particularly interested in love stories, and i'm not sure there's any character I would approve as Lightning's significant other.
No way she is straight. She was never flirty with guys and I don't see her having sexual tension with any men. She loves slapping them instead. Also so what if she is gay? It is progressive and inclusive for her to be gay in a game that mostly have male players.

guy

Sentai Monster with no Mouth Animation
She is Gay and so are the other two girls in her team. They are just being subtle about it so this game won't be banned in the middle east.

Lightning is as Heterosexual as straight as Ellen Degeneres. People here who said she is straight are in denial.

LOL at the homophobic people here who thinks Lightning is straight.

Asexual characters are made to make the player ship themselves to the character, It would have worked if Lightning is a likable character.

ion

When Vanille grabs Fang's boob, it makes me think of a queer interpretation of their relationship, and I can't help but think of it. It would appear that the English voice actress for Vanille, Georgia Van Cuylenburg, has the same viewpoint. 100% this. Throughout the entirety of the game, the possibility of a romantic connection between Vanille and Fang is strongly hinted at. Up until now, this has been the relationship in Final Fantasy that has been the most outspokenly gay. On the other hand, lightning doesn't really have a sexual orientation.

While Lightning may not have shown interest in male characters in the Final Fantasy series, it does not necessarily mean she is gay. It's also possible that her focus on her sister and her duties as a warrior have simply taken priority over romantic relationships.