Is Kabuto the First Rider Series Not to Use a Belt?

Hibiki was my favorite of the new gen riders, even though I know Agito was more stable. The reason a lot of people don't like it is because it's different and not as flashy as other series(you really find out how shallow people are when they say they love faiz and hate Hibiki for no story). The first half deals more with the personal growth of Asumu as he encounters all the riders and their allies, the second half directly deals with the riders. There's a pretty awesome arc in the 40's that deals with Todoroki and his master. I'd say Hibiki has the best cast of any new gen show, they're what helped me get through the slow times. They're fun to watch and it really seemed like they liked being on set with each other. So yeah, I'd recommend it, Around episode 28 the style changes to be more like the other new gen shows because of the writer change so that might hook you. Lots of people say that the story was incomplete, but I don't think so. Everything gets resolved pretty good and there is a tad bit of an ambiguous ending on the villain side for people that like that sort of thing. Also, the first five or four episodes aren't really what the series is like. Lots of aspects are dropped(I wanted fire breath longer!). Oh and the show has a kickass OST, especially when any of the string riders have a big moment, like Todoroki's first on screen henshin.
 
Last edited:
That's good enough for me... I'll be checking it out sometime down the road. I freely admit, I didn't give the show a chance cuz he didn't pose and say, "HENSHIN!"

Small detail, but I ferkin' [heart] when they do that. :disappoin

And I just didn't "get it." The musical instruments, that musical opening.. despite what I saw as massive charisma from Hibiki.... I just couldn't get past how different it was.

Got Agito to watch first, but maybe I'll look into picking up some Hibiki down the road.
 
The musical theme was a very cool concept that actually worked but eh... didn't save the show. To this day, Hibiki weapons are my favorite out of all the new gen shows.
 
I just downloaded the first 13 episodes yesterday, mine as well check it out. I only saw the first episode, it was ok. However, there was some stuff that annoyed me that are minor. But I just didn't feel like a Rider Series from what I seen in Kabuto, Faiz and Blade. But Its just the first episode. So yeah. However, Hibiki(character) is ok. I still like the belt thing better on the Main Rider though.

BTW, Is Hibiki based on Bugs? Or is it just badly designed?
 
J-Caizer said:
That's good enough for me... I'll be checking it out sometime down the road. I freely admit, I didn't give the show a chance cuz he didn't pose and say, "HENSHIN!"

Keith, don't force yourself. Notice there's no passion or excitement behind their words. They are saying "well... I liked it and this was good". But you know, and I know that if it was something we would love (not like) the reponses would be "Hell yes, omg, it gets good around episode when meow meow finally gets the belt and takameowgami totally betrays the seifudawgie"

I saw the first 15 episodes before I stopped watching. Guess what, Keith. It's like that up until then. The only reason I kept watching Hibiki was for the J-Drama. But I watch Tokusatsu for the Super Hero action. Hibiki barely had any of it. There were some nice Rider moments in Hibiki, but none are as memorable as all my favorite moments in Ryu, Faiz, Blade, and Kabuto.

In fact in each episode they spent maybe 1 minute on the Rider action and the rest of the show is a very long J-drama. They say you need to watch more than 2-3 episodes before deciding but I think that's more than enough.

It honestly was the same, it just got less confusing as time went on. But when I found out the series was basically going to take the same path of story telling the entire way I stopped watching. Not to mention sponsors dropped out on this show in Japan and werent they forced to fire writers and hire new writers for the latter half of the season?

That should tell you something Keith. Not even Japan liked Hibiki much. Great concept, poor execution. I loved the riders of Hibiki but they just didnt have interesting rider plots keeping me interested and there wasnt enough "heroic"-ness to really sell the image. Hibiki was a great, heroic rider though. He was a REAL Kamen Rider. But the season itself just wasnt my thing.

If you didnt like the first three episodes, I'm willing to bet you will only mildly like the rest of the show
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top