Fangtaku
There are two forums where I've been seeing a lot of incessant bumping of threads. One is the Commerce forum, the other is the anime/etc forum (I always forget the full name of it).

For the Commerce forum, I know I'm not the only one who is bothered by this, since I've seen people commenting on this in the shoutbox. People will bump up their sales threads at least once per day, just to bring it back to the top of the forum. If they have updates (items added, items sold, prices changed, photos added, etc), it's one thing. But a lot of them are just bringing them back up, when they're not even off the front page. It would be nice if a rule was made limiting how often you are allowed to bump your thread without changes.

In the anime/etc forum, in the current season's anime threads, there is someone constantly bumping threads to notify that the next episode is out. It would be one thing if there was a discussion going of the anime in question, but there are many threads where the entire thread is "Episode 2 is out" "Episode 3 is out" "Episode 4 is out". IMO, if someone is following a series, they know when the episodes will be released. I might not have anything to say myself about series that I'm watching, but I like reading what others have to say, and it's very annoying to go "Oh, people are discussing this!" only to find out that it's just someone bumping a thread up.

PARTY HARD
The anime thread really isn't bumping. But it also depends on how the people following certain series act. For example, I used to watch Love Lab and C3-bu. Of course, there are threads each about them in the forum. In the end, I stopped watching both series midway. My source was through tumblr, but I also found that these thread bumpings prove to be helpful. Mainly because sometimes, the subber you are following may be late if there's only one subber. If there are multiple, the bumps tell you that subs are up for the people who don't care about sub groups and just want subs.

As for the Commerce Planet, I agree that bumping is a bit...annoying. As I said in the shout box, some people may follow threads in the Recent Threads pane or the Last Post panes. They don't necessarily have to click on the Commerce Planet forum to go unless they are looking for something. People bump with updates, like Darksenshi, people just bump. It's not moreso that bumping is a problem, it's the frequency, as you put it. There really isn't a need of a rule for bumping if you know what your looking for.

Besides, there's a search function at the bottom of each forum. What I find frustrating is when people create new threads of a certain topic when said topic already has a thread that was buried by the neverending threads. And then people feed that new thread.

Fangtaku
With how many shows are legally streaming on a set schedule, I don't feel that there's any need to have constant bumping. When the majority of anime-related threads have little-to-no discussion, and are just a series of posts saying "X episode is out", it's no longer a discussion.

If we want to have a schedule post, why not just have a sticky at the top of the forum with "here's this season's anime, here's the days they air in Japan, here's when CR/FUNi/Viz/Hulu/etc put up subs, etc", and if someone wants to update that thread with fansub releases, they can.

Instead of 15-20 separate threads for each new show, that's nothing but "X episode is released".

Shyni
Maybe instead of having a thread for every new anime, just condense them into a "current anime" thread, for shows people aren't confident will get enough discussion for their own threads?

Fangtaku
That was pretty much my idea. It could be formatted something like this:

"Winter Season 2014"
[Anime Name]
• Brief description + picture
• Japan - [airtime/day/channel]
• Streaming - [simulcast time/day/website]

((etc))"

It could be a sticky, and since the info on when/where the releases are coming out would be in the first post, wouldn't even need to be bumped.