Impy Makes Fun of the HJU Nathan Long Interview...

And it's sad because these guys aren't just discussing merits of a show they all enjoy, they're sitting around try to sound all l33t and insider-ish with their extensive knowledge of pointless production bullshit that doesn't make any difference and calling each other faggitz. Then they have the audacity to make fun of other fans (for conducting interviews with real live people instead of sitting in the basement talking to each other through their XBOX Live headsets) and telling them to "shut up until you ssstop being retarded," lest they have to put down their iPhones and bananaphone pwn someone at Halo. Gimme a fucking break.

Now that was uncalled for. Untruthful and uncalled for. It even hurts me to have to dignify this garbage with a response, but here goes...

-We do discuss the merits. But it's the offseason. What's there to talk about besides the future of the show?
-Yes, we happen to have sources. Who doesn't? Is it any different from Keith having an ear in on KRDK?
-We are more civilized than calling people "faggitz" (as you so gracefully put it) and generally we aim for a better-quality discussion than you see on the boards.
-We make fun of other fans because they sometimes deserve it. We make fun of each other because we deserve it sometimes.
-We *do* conduct interviews with real live people. Tony Oliver, Greg Aronowitz and Valerie Vernon to name a few.

And I just don't see what you're acting so angry about. Even Keith got a kick out of it.
 
Last edited:
RitoRevolto said:
It even hurts me to have to dignify this garbage with a response

You don't. In fact I'm surprised you got down off that horse so high to come here and get "HJU germs" all over your IP.

And I just don't see what you're acting so angry about. Even Keith got a kick out of it.

Not angry. Just thoroughly unimpressed by your logic, your explanation, and your show. You've said a lot to make yourselves sound professional, but the content and quality of the podcast was anything but. It sounded more like a bunch of friends sitting around patting themselves on the back and thinking they're god's gift to the internet because they own microphones and call these producer people they don't know by their first names.

-We are more civilized than calling people "faggitz" (as you so gracefully put it) and generally we aim for a better-quality discussion than you see on the boards.
-We make fun of other fans because they sometimes deserve it. We make fun of each other because we deserve it sometimes.

1. You just contradicted yourself, unless you meant that you insult the fandom and each other in a "civilized" manner, in which case you just contradicted yourself.

2. Seriously, I didn't hear very much quality discussion. Granted, I skipped through most of it because it was mind-numbingly boring, but if I had a penny for every time I heard the conversation dissolve into "so-and-so is gay because he liked Operation Overdrive" or "blah blah you're gay because you like blah blah and I don't blah" I would have three or four cents.
 
Uh, I wouldn't get so derogitory to a podcaster. The rangercast guys don't like the people from rangerboard, imagine what they'd do here. That's especially true considering they get as much insider information as mike dent

...How the heck did I get dragged into this? o_O
 
Which is better, girl taking off clothes or 25+ year olds talking about the production values of Power Rangers, a show mindlessly geared towards that annoying 7 year old kicking the back of my chair on a plane?

It's hardly a pot calling kettle black.

I regularly enjoy both... There's no need to pick one or the other.
 
Then they have the audacity to make fun of other fans (for conducting interviews with real live people instead of sitting in the basement talking to each other through their XBOX Live headsets)

*looks confused* They weren't making fun of the interview. They were making fun of adding a fanfiction to an interview. Which I gotta say, I kinda agree with. Not that I don't like Keith, the man fights crime

...How the heck did I get dragged into this? o_O

Mostly cuz you're awesome, and I love your title. Please support Anime Round Table and Review, currently preparing to leave Fanoff.com for creative differences. Our last show on fanoff will be airing this sunday at 9 (contractually obliged to whore the podcast)
 
Last edited:
*looks confused* They weren't making fun of the interview. They were making fun of adding a fanfiction to an interview. Which I gotta say, I kinda agree with. Not that I don't like Keith, the man fights crime

*makes wanking motion*

Not that you're not entitled to your opinion, but gripes on the fan fiction part are pretty tiny to me. Easily skippable if you have the "scroll down" hack installed in your browser. :P
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top