I'm kinda old to play with toys...

I felt like this when I started getting into figuarts. But somehow, I happened to stop collecting figuarts at my own will last year. :laugh:

When I see upcoming releases of anything, I have that itch to get it, but I have it under control. Now, I'm picky when it comes to getting figures or toys. I used to be finger happy, buying what I thought looked really good. But I'm mainly into collecting 1/6 scale figures now.

But now it's like you're buy 3-6 Figuarts in one go.
 
You can never be too old to play with toys. It's the beauty of the joys of being a kid again. Like me, I used to collect Power Rangers actions figures and Gundam action figures and I still play with them until I get the next best thing....Comic books, and hopefully S.H. Figuarts.
 
Who do you think is the majority of the audience that buys Figuarts? Are twelve-year-olds the ones clamoring for $300 screen-accurate replicas of forty-year-old Kamen Riders?
Do Figuarts collectors overlap a lot with RAH/Project BM collectors? 'cos, well, I don't recall Figuarts costing $300.
 
Wow, I didn't expect some many replies. Thanks you guys. I'm 17 and my birthday's in July, so I can't apply for a credit card. I'll ask them today after they get home from work.
 
I think he was juxtaposing the several kinds of collectors against children in toy stores. Figuarts, Medicom, etc.

Something like that, thanks, except that I left out the word "belt". I was actually supposed to be referencing Complete Selection belts, not RAH. Nobody should be collecting Medicom figures, unless it's to put the clothes on a different 1/6 body!:laugh:
 
Wow, I didn't expect some many replies. Thanks you guys. I'm 17 and my birthday's in July, so I can't apply for a credit card. I'll ask them today after they get home from work.

Well, if they say no, you could just wait 6 months and then get a credit card. You might have to bite the bullet on the price though, it'll probably be more expensive.

Also, you could ask someone on the forum to buy you one. Just work out something with them to compensate it, like trading something or getting a money order and mailing it.
 
I've never seen an age limit on toys. I mean, not an upper age limit. That's my excuse, although I only use it because 99.9% of the people I know think I'm stupid for collecting anything that even vaguely resembles toys. Some of them even hate my guts for it. But I don't care. As long as I'm having fun, that's all that matters. And anyway, there's plenty of stuff out there these days that the ignorant people would call toys when children wouldn't even be able to afford such items. Figuarts is only the start of that.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top