FF16 I find it upsetting we will only control what character at a time

Final Fantasy XVI (2023): Clive Rosfield is drawn into a brutal war fueled by magical Dominants and their summoned Eikons. It leans fully into cinematic, action-focused combat with a darker medieval tone. AKA Final Fantasy 16, FF16, FFXVI

tonyb

New Member
This won't be like previous FF games where you could personalize and create a party. You will only concentrate on one playable character at a time. First, we'll play as Joshua, then Clive. I know they are just trying to do something new but I do not like this change. The party system is the reason I got hooked with Final Fantasy in the first place.
 
This change irritates me. I don't mind RPGs where you only control one character; I just don't understand why they did it for an FF game. It appears that they want to get rid of what makes Final Fantasy unique.
 
I've played a few action and party role-playing games with only one or two playable characters. Although the party system allows for a wide range of styles, games with a limited number of playable characters tend to have more intricate mechanics. No other party rpg has come close to Dante, Alucard, or Bayonetta's level of mechanics and skill. I sincerely hope that Clive can be added to that list.
 
So this means no waifus? No playable female characters? Gotta skip this one and I will buy Bayonetta 3 instead.
 
I think that the fact that these games must first construct and design a large number of playable characters before balancing the game around party combat is the reason why these games are less complex. The game FF16 has already shown that it is not that.

Sora still has a strong set of mechanics and skills in the Kingdom Hearts games, which makes experimenting with him a ton of fun and variety. KH, a single-player action JRPG, is already known to include FF16 support.

Clive, as the only playable character, has the same opportunity. Based on the video, we know he can do air juggles and teleports like Vergil and has a bringer option like Nero. That's a great place to start! According to the most recent one, he can perform Air Stars while wearing Shiva's shroud. There are still 5 Eikons
 
I heard we will have A.I controlled party members as replacement for parties like the guest party members of Final Fantasy 15.
 
Eversince ps4 era Square Enix had became lazier so we only have a single playable character with a.i npc team mates.
 
Throughout the majority of the game, Clive is accompanied by AI allies, but these allies behave autonomously, much like the allies in Call of Duty campaigns.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top