I am Not a Robot: A Human is Substituted for a Humanoid

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
<p>Kim Min-Kyu is a reclusive millionaire. He has to live by himself and when he does come out in public he covers himself including wearing gloves and carrying a baton. The baton is to make sure that people keep their distance and don’t touch him. It’s not that he is antisocial. It’s just that he’s allergic to humans. If a human touches him he has an extreme allergic reaction and it could even result in death.</p>

Shimmering Splendid
Ah, "I'm Not A Robot"! Such a gem, right? The rain scene and that first kiss under the umbrella – pure magic. Your detailed breakdown brought back all those emotions. I appreciate how they explored the complexities of Min Kyu's character. Also, that last scene in episode 16? A bit awkward, but hey, they finally got their moment. Love conquers all, even weird camera angles! The chemistry between Yoo Seung Ho and Chae Soo Bin was electric, especially in those intense scenes. I agree with you on the slow burn making it all the more satisfying. Can't believe I initially overlooked it. Yoo Seung Ho's killer smile got me too – that scene with the umbrella and rain? Classic!

I stumbled upon "I'm Not A Robot" on Netflix without much expectation, and I'm glad I did. Your post resonates with my thoughts, especially about the healing aspect. Yoo Seung Ho's monologues were a standout, and Chae Soo Bin's versatility impressed me. Thanks for the spoilers, by the way – they made me appreciate those moments even more.

The answer to your questions
"I Am Not a Robot" certainly sounds like an emotional journey! The combination of romance, science fiction, and mystery intrigues me. It's fascinating to see how the plot began as a quick fix and evolved into a complex web of deception and emotions. I enjoy it when a series keeps you guessing and the character dynamics seem genuine. This is definitely going on my watchlist!

British Columbia Made
How adorable! I'm a sucker for romantic dramas, and the idea of two people unknowingly falling for each other while dealing with all these complications is just my cup of tea. The concept of a human substituting for a humanoid is intriguing, and the emotional confusion it brings sounds like it could lead to some heartwarming moments. Count me in for a cozy night of binge-watching!"I Am Not a Robot" takes me back to the days when K-dramas weren't always about high ratings. It's heartening to see a series that started with low viewership become a gem over time. Your personal enjoyment speaks volumes. I'll trust your taste and dive into this drama with the hope of discovering a hidden gem from 2018!

Hey I just met you!
The premise sounds exciting but my main concern is character development. With such a complex web of emotions and deceptions, the characters must evolve naturally. If the series can navigate this while keeping the narrative tight, it has a chance to be a hit. Character arcs that feel forced, on the other hand, may detract from the overall experience.list!

Saranghae Oppa <3
With 32 episodes, I'm a bit wary of committing to a lengthy series. However, your assurance that each episode remains interesting is reassuring. I appreciate dramas that manage to keep the audience engaged throughout their run. If "I Am Not a Robot" maintains its quality over the episodes, I might just give it a shot.

❤️ I want nobody but you
I love the diversity in genres, and "I Am Not a Robot" seems to offer a rich mix. While I'm not a die-hard fan of any specific genre, the combination of rom-com, sci-fi, and mystery intrigues me. If the series manages to strike a balance without feeling disjointed, it could be a delightful exploration across different storytelling realms.

I am your greatest dream & worst fuggin nightmare
As a sci-fi buff, I appreciate the show's attempt to tackle AI and human connection. The concept of a humanoid AI and the technology behind it were intriguing. However, the corporate subplot felt forced and detracted from the core narrative. Despite this, the exploration of Min-kyu's condition and its impact on his relationships brought a refreshing depth to the storyline. An interesting blend of futuristic tech and human emotions.

"I'm Not a Robot" is a romantic rollercoaster! Ji-ah and Min-kyu's chemistry had me invested, and the slow burn of their relationship kept me coming back for more. Sure, the corporate drama was a bit overplayed, but the genuine moments between the characters made up for it. I'm a sucker for a good love story, and this one didn't disappoint. It's a delightful watch for hopeless romantics like me!The comedic timing, especially with Ji-ah's best friend Sun-hye and the witty Pi Jin, was spot on. The blend of humor and heartfelt moments made for an enjoyable watch. Yes, the corporate drama was a bit eye-rolling, but the laughs and the adorable robot-human dynamic more than made up for it. Definitely a must-watch for those who love a good laugh.