Hurricanger to Magiranger = Light-hearted? Yes or no?

Of course the newer, lighthearted shows can have their more serious moments, but overall the tone is lighter than something like Timeranger. They seem to be more focused on being comedic and cartoonish than the franchise usually is. :shrug:
 
but me personaly , i got nuthin againt light-hearted toku shows ,but ill aaaaaaaaaaalways loath magirangers.Cant stand those mofos.....im not bashin them, its just that the exceed my light-hearted tolerance quota......


descent season nontheless.......be if i hear MAGI MAGI MAGIIIIROOOO one more time ,il freakin snap:sly:
 
They were light hearted but also had some darker areas which was cool.

Personally I wouldn't mind a darker/serious toned Sentai sometime soon like Maskman & Changeman style.

I must say though that Gekiranger's villians satisfying me a great deal so far in the darker area.

true ,i know that old school Sentai were THA **** in dark toku shows and u got a pretty good vibe in Geki right now. Just the Geki/Rinki comparition is enought for words......
 
Hurricanger: Haven't seen

Abaranger: Love it

Dekaranger: Its ok

Magiranger: Ok, has its annoying moments, didn't like the Memi saga too well, nor the 10 Gods concept.

Boukenger and Gekiranger: Boring enough to not catch my attention anymore.
 
Well Sentai is light hearted if you compared it to the darker tone of the Kamen Rider. But I think It's just OK for me.

From The 2000-2006 Sentai I watched maybe Dekaranger and Gaoranger have the most light tone area. The others I think they have a light tone but they have dark tone too for some saga.
 
To me there's lighthearted which is totally fine, and then there's just wacky/dumb which is annoying and tends to be very disruptive to the overall tone and narrative of an otherwise straightfaced story. In just trying to illustrate what I mean offhand it's sorta like this, C-3PO and R2D2: Lighthearted. JarJarBinks: Wacky/dumb.

For the most part I would consider Hurriganger lighthearted but there are a few times when it is in danger of crossing that fine line into wacky/dumb. Also stuff like a megaphone and a hairdryer as ninja weapons crosses to IMO.

Now, if it's something like CarRanger where it is established from word go that it is a comedy in all respects that's a little bit different. Because there is no serious tone to be disrupted or veered totally off course or ground to a screeching halt.
 
Loved 'em all. But to me the darkest of the bunch has to be Aba. It's the only one that comes closest to Timeranger. Deka was like sentai crossed with a lighter kid-friendly version of CSI. The darkest things in Hurri were the Gouraiger arcs and Shurikenger's death. As for Magi, the Wolzard saga was like an extended version of the two Dairanger eps that had Ryo's father in them. Haven't seen Bouken, but from what I hear, it's far better better than its American counterpart. I just wish for next year's sentai they get the head writer for Jetman, Dairanger, or Timeranger to return and turn in something like those 3 shows.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top