tiger_zord9
Member
I've received a lot of questions asking how I achieved the show accurate look on my recent morpher customizations so I thought I would create a "how to" style thread as I took lots of pictures at various stages in the customization process.
I'm certainly no artist so I've always shied away from customizing any of my beloved collection but the various prop / sticker makers in our fandom have made customizing a Power Morpher a really easy job.
So for those who don't know, here's how I did it.
How to make a show accurate Gold Dragon Buckler style morpher.

Here is my original childhood morpher before customization. As I've had it so long and it has some serious sentimental value, I really did not want to have to paint this morpher in order to achieve the gold morpher look.

Thank goodness for prop makers! There's no need to paint and possibly ruin my beloved childhood toy as you can buy replacement front plates (already painted gold) from PowerProps on Ebay.

Locate the screws (pictured above) that will allow you to remove the original plates.

Carefully remove the original plates.

Et voila! One Gold Morpher without damaging my original plates. (Avoid over tightening screws)

Next, purchase some replacement stickers from www.reprolabels.com. There is a choice of either TV Accurate Style, Movie Style, Zyuranger Style or Bandai Original Style front stickers. I have chosen to use the TV Accurate versions.

Carefully apply the stickers (you can use tweezers to help apply them accurately) and we have a finished Gold Morpher!
You can view more pics of my customs here http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=50531
How to make a show accurate Regular Buckler style morpher.

Here's another of my morphers that I am going to customize into a show accurate silver version.

Carefully peel off the old stickers. I was lucky enough to get them off in one piece without much residue left behind. I then removed the plates (see instructions above) and washed them using soap and water to give the new stickers a clean surface to adhere to. However, you will need to clean any residue off to avoid bumps in your new stickers. Many users recommend products like "goo gone" and other solvents to remove stubborn residue but I was worried about the possibility of removing the original paint etc so I tried to remove the stickers as carefully as possible instead.

After carefully applying the new TV accurate stickers from www.reprolabels.com my morpher is finished.
You can view more pics of my customs here http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=50531
Back Stickers
I have also opted to add the original Zyuranger back stickers to my morphers too. This meant buying two sets of stickers but it was worth it in my eyes.

Before (Be sure to clean the back with a damp cloth to give the new stickers a clean surface to adhere to)

After
Gaps in your morpher when closed?

Finally, do you have gaps like this in your morpher when its in closed mode?
Then please check out King Ranger's very helpful tutorial on fixing this problem.
Hope this tutorial helps some folks to customize their morphers :thumbs:
You can view more pics of my morpher customs here http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=50531
More pictures of my customs and full collection on my web site www.rangerpowers.com.
I'm certainly no artist so I've always shied away from customizing any of my beloved collection but the various prop / sticker makers in our fandom have made customizing a Power Morpher a really easy job.
So for those who don't know, here's how I did it.
How to make a show accurate Gold Dragon Buckler style morpher.

Here is my original childhood morpher before customization. As I've had it so long and it has some serious sentimental value, I really did not want to have to paint this morpher in order to achieve the gold morpher look.

Thank goodness for prop makers! There's no need to paint and possibly ruin my beloved childhood toy as you can buy replacement front plates (already painted gold) from PowerProps on Ebay.

Locate the screws (pictured above) that will allow you to remove the original plates.

Carefully remove the original plates.

Et voila! One Gold Morpher without damaging my original plates. (Avoid over tightening screws)

Next, purchase some replacement stickers from www.reprolabels.com. There is a choice of either TV Accurate Style, Movie Style, Zyuranger Style or Bandai Original Style front stickers. I have chosen to use the TV Accurate versions.

Carefully apply the stickers (you can use tweezers to help apply them accurately) and we have a finished Gold Morpher!
You can view more pics of my customs here http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=50531
How to make a show accurate Regular Buckler style morpher.

Here's another of my morphers that I am going to customize into a show accurate silver version.

Carefully peel off the old stickers. I was lucky enough to get them off in one piece without much residue left behind. I then removed the plates (see instructions above) and washed them using soap and water to give the new stickers a clean surface to adhere to. However, you will need to clean any residue off to avoid bumps in your new stickers. Many users recommend products like "goo gone" and other solvents to remove stubborn residue but I was worried about the possibility of removing the original paint etc so I tried to remove the stickers as carefully as possible instead.

After carefully applying the new TV accurate stickers from www.reprolabels.com my morpher is finished.
You can view more pics of my customs here http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=50531
Back Stickers
I have also opted to add the original Zyuranger back stickers to my morphers too. This meant buying two sets of stickers but it was worth it in my eyes.

Before (Be sure to clean the back with a damp cloth to give the new stickers a clean surface to adhere to)

After
Gaps in your morpher when closed?

Finally, do you have gaps like this in your morpher when its in closed mode?
Then please check out King Ranger's very helpful tutorial on fixing this problem.
Hope this tutorial helps some folks to customize their morphers :thumbs:
You can view more pics of my morpher customs here http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=50531
More pictures of my customs and full collection on my web site www.rangerpowers.com.
Last edited by a moderator: