How did Slumdog Millionare win best picture?

My friends and I went to see it yesterday. There was nothing out we really wanted to see. We thought it won "Best picture". It should be good, right? While there were a few interesting parts, overall it was lame. Is this really the best choice they could come up with?
 
Uhhh. Yes! This movie was a proper example of the hero's story in fiction. It carried itself along with a proper pacing and mood so you never felt the need to step out of the theatre and never feel bored
 
Uhhh. Yes! This movie was a proper example of the hero's story in fiction. It carried itself along with a proper pacing and mood so you never felt the need to step out of the theatre and never feel bored

Exactly. Fucking Philistines, man. :redface2:




No, I'm just fuckin--I haven't even seen the movie yet. :P
 
Uhhh. Yes! This movie was a proper example of the hero's story in fiction.
Okay, that makes sen... Wait, what? "Proper example of the hero's story in fiction"? What exactly makes it a proper example? You've lost me there.

It carried itself along with a proper pacing and mood so you never felt the need to step out of the theatre and never feel bored
That's funny because I was bored and felt the desire to step out several times.
 
I'll give you Crash, but Slumdog wasn't an unknown that nobody expected to win. It was the favorite to win Best Picture since around the time Benjamin Button came out.
 
Slumdog Millionaire was a damn good movie. I'm not entirely surprised certain people hated it, but even so I can't imagine what criteria they're using to judge it. It's a fantastic story, structured in an interesting way, that's well acted, incredibly well shot...there's basically nothing wrong with it.

I mean, if you're gonna complain about an Oscar movie sucking, complain about Million Dollar Baby.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top