FF15 How come Noctis can use 'Phoenix Down' when he's dead?

Final Fantasy XV (2016): Prince Noctis and his friends embark on a road trip that becomes a battle to reclaim his kingdom. It blends open-world exploration with real-time action combat. AKA Final Fantasy 15, FF15, FFXV
Not necessarily. It can alienate existing fans, simply because introducing the game to a wider audience is usually achieved by
1. casualization
2. adapting popular concepts from other games, which can make a series lose its originality. Just look at the new Tomb Raider games. They have basically nothing to do with the older ones, and many fans are (rightfully) angry about it.
I can't relate to the Tomb Raider part but I get your point. If they make their games pleasing to the general public, they'll risk losing their identity. Some new fans might like it but they'll lose their loyal fans.

Game developers and publishers should find a balance to increase the fanbase and giving their existing or loyal fans what they want.
 
Just look at the new Tomb Raider games. They have basically nothing to do with the older ones, and many fans are (rightfully) angry about it.
I think that was an experiment. Lara croft type games require new changes. otherwise game appears a lot boring. I think this time the game developers tried something like god of war. And they did worked out really well on that part.
 
They basically made an Uncharted game in TR skin. It paid off for them, since the game was commercially successful, but most of the TR fans didn't like it.
 
I think that was an experiment. Lara croft type games require new changes. otherwise game appears a lot boring. I think this time the game developers tried something like god of war. And they did worked out really well on that part.
They integrated RPG elements on a shooting game. This seems to happen with most of the newly released games. Even racing games now have RPG elements, even the new God of War has these.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top