BorgmanJayce
Member
As some of you may know, I've been having grief with my housing association over the fact that they've been acting like total motherfuckers because they forced me out of my old home illegally soon after my grandmother died in 2006 by claiming I had no right to stay there because epilepsy wasn't a disability and also because my tenancy succession had been used up by my grandmother.
To cut a long story short, I ended up moving into a block of flats where some of the neighbours are OK except for the one who lives above me and who plays music until the early hours of the morning in some cases!
A couple of months ago I decided enough was enough and I decided to take action against my housing association by writing a strongly worded letter threatening legal action against them if my requests weren't met and it looks like my letter may have worked as I received a letter from the Head of Customer Services himself who I finally got to speak to today and he sounded really concerned over the way I'd been treated by certain members of the Runcorn office especially considering the fact that they took advantage of my depressed state after the loss of my grandmother when I was in no fit state to make a decision as to whether to make a move or not.
We had a good conversation especially concerning me wanting to move to Liverpool which I want to do mainly for employment opportunities [and also for better public transport as well! ^_^] and he's promised that if he can, he'll try and get something sorted out concerning finding some three-bedroom bungalows for me to look at in Liverpool as my old home was a three-bedroom bungalow and I need a property that's ground floor due to my epilepsy.
Basically, he's going to be visiting the Runcorn office this week and speaking to the people concerned that treated me like dirt and get their side of the story and hopefully we can all get this sorted out within seven days.
I didn't think this would happen but hopefully all being well, me and my dog, Jed can have a nice home in Liverpool without having to worry about noisy neighbours or anything like that and if I have a epileptic attack, it'll be a lot easier for my aunt and uncle or my friend who need to take me home from the hospital to take me home from either the Royal Liverpool or Whiston General unlike at the moment where I either get taken to Warrington General or the Royal Liverpool as my local hospital [Halton General] doesn't have a A+E open 24/7 for some idiotic reason!
I guess having a strong belief in "Positive Thought" does work, and even though there were times when my Aunt wanted me to throw in the towel and stay here because she was concerned that the housing association were going to cause grief for me, I never gave up in the end because I wasn't going to let them push me around...
To cut a long story short, I ended up moving into a block of flats where some of the neighbours are OK except for the one who lives above me and who plays music until the early hours of the morning in some cases!
A couple of months ago I decided enough was enough and I decided to take action against my housing association by writing a strongly worded letter threatening legal action against them if my requests weren't met and it looks like my letter may have worked as I received a letter from the Head of Customer Services himself who I finally got to speak to today and he sounded really concerned over the way I'd been treated by certain members of the Runcorn office especially considering the fact that they took advantage of my depressed state after the loss of my grandmother when I was in no fit state to make a decision as to whether to make a move or not.
We had a good conversation especially concerning me wanting to move to Liverpool which I want to do mainly for employment opportunities [and also for better public transport as well! ^_^] and he's promised that if he can, he'll try and get something sorted out concerning finding some three-bedroom bungalows for me to look at in Liverpool as my old home was a three-bedroom bungalow and I need a property that's ground floor due to my epilepsy.
Basically, he's going to be visiting the Runcorn office this week and speaking to the people concerned that treated me like dirt and get their side of the story and hopefully we can all get this sorted out within seven days.
I didn't think this would happen but hopefully all being well, me and my dog, Jed can have a nice home in Liverpool without having to worry about noisy neighbours or anything like that and if I have a epileptic attack, it'll be a lot easier for my aunt and uncle or my friend who need to take me home from the hospital to take me home from either the Royal Liverpool or Whiston General unlike at the moment where I either get taken to Warrington General or the Royal Liverpool as my local hospital [Halton General] doesn't have a A+E open 24/7 for some idiotic reason!
I guess having a strong belief in "Positive Thought" does work, and even though there were times when my Aunt wanted me to throw in the towel and stay here because she was concerned that the housing association were going to cause grief for me, I never gave up in the end because I wasn't going to let them push me around...