Has the Kamen Rider franchise been going downhill since Den-O?

kamen rider hasn't gone downhill since Den-O if anything it's gotten better

the two different storylines in two different timelines thing that they have going on in Kiva right now is a very dynamic new set up to the Kamen rider series

besides, it's only been ONE series since Den-O and to be honest I'm enjoying Kiva way more than I enjoyed Den-O
 
Has the Kamen Rider franchise been going downhill since Den-O?

The Rider suit designs have definately gone waaaaaaaay down.

Overall though, I think it's been downhill since Hibiki and some of the sliding starts with Ryuki really. Den-O is just the point where I think the designs, the willy nilly use of the name for any premise that comes across the producers desk and the Bandai gimmickery have just gotten really out of control.

One the one hand though I can see where people enjoyed the fact that they had gotten out of the Faiz levels of angst but that extreme as just been traded for another in the form of aggressive amounts of wackyness.
 
Den-O have the worst designs or perhaps it suits the style of Japanese children, which Toei want make money by targeting children the most also the plot is most gayest because is only suitable for kids that are still in elemtary school.
 
Den-O have the worst designs or perhaps it suits the style of Japanese children, which Toei want make money by targeting children the most also the plot is most gayest because is only suitable for kids that are still in elemtary school.

ok you do understand that the imagin are based off of Japanese mythology?

Another reason why the show skyrocketed.

Not to many japanese or american kids will understand japanese mythology unless they google it or read about it in middle school.
 
One the one hand though I can see where people enjoyed the fact that they had gotten out of the Faiz levels of angst but that extreme as just been traded for another in the form of aggressive amounts of wackyness.

The story plot and character development have gone down the drain too, don't you think?

ok you do understand that the imagin are based off of Japanese mythology?

Another reason why the show skyrocketed.

Not to many japanese or american kids will understand japanese mythology unless they google it or read about it in middle school.

Jap Mythology is fine but it's the way they use them. They just took the seriousness out of the franchise and ruin the soup. Hibiki was darker only to be ruined by the change of cooks[writers].
 
its only been one year since Den-O ended and you feel that way already about the KR series? although i am not a huge fan of Den-O, i have to admit it was a refreshing KR show to watch compared to the shows before it. i guess that was what made it such a success financially. to me, i prefer the serious series and that is why i love Kabuto so much but with the success of Den-O, we could be seeing similiar ideas from that show into the future shows and Kiva did that in a way already. i think Kiva is pretty cool now that it has gotten serious so thats a good thing for me.
 
The story plot and character development have gone down the drain too, don't you think?

Jap Mythology is fine but it's the way they use them. They just took the seriousness out of the franchise and ruin the soup. Hibiki was darker only to be ruined by the change of cooks[writers].

I can't believe I just read the phrase "character development down the drain" and "Hibiki" in the same post; Hibiki had one of the better character developments in the franchise; hell, Asumu's character developed more than most of the Riders in Kabuto.

As for the seriousness of the franchise being taking out, I still don't see how. Yes, the writers have injected some light heartedness in the franchise, but last I checked the seriousness of the Riders fighting the baddies and sometimes making deep sacrifices (like Sakurai Yuuto for example) is still very intact.
 
I can't believe I just read the phrase "character development down the drain" and "Hibiki" in the same post; Hibiki had one of the better character developments in the franchise; hell, Asumu's character developed more than most of the Riders in Kabuto.

As for the seriousness of the franchise being taking out, I still don't see how. Yes, the writers have injected some light heartedness in the franchise, but last I checked the seriousness of the Riders fighting the baddies and sometimes making deep sacrifices (like Sakurai Yuuto for example) is still very intact.


THANK YOU. about fucking time somebody pointed out the Sacrifice Yuuto pretty much did. I mean once you get passed each imagins Story Arc the big thing is SAKURUI YUUTO AND HOW HE PRETTY MUCH GAVE UP HIS EXISTENSE TO SAVE TIME. i mean. i could compare that to jesus. What did tendou sacrifice? Jack ****. cause everything he needed to save the world got handed down to him like a rich fathers daughter. Lets not forget Kintaros started out as an enemy. and ryuutaros wanted to kill ryoutarou so he can take the denliner. I dont want to spoil anymore. cause in all honest Den-O didnt change anything except the forumla of kamen rider. THE SERIOUSNESS IS STILL THERE. YOU JUST HAVE TO BE OPEN MINDED ENOUGH TO SEE IT.

"the passed will give us hope"

all i'm saying.
 
Hi. Just my thoughts here.

I know my words dun mean a thing here, but anyway, I think it's tiring to always read about how bad a series was. I've been visiting HJU for some time now (just never really participating :sweat:), and I always read both raves and rants about tokusatsu.

The thing is, I always read about people sharing the negative points of a series, but rarely the positive ones. Even if fans of this certain series do share some, haters will just dispel them with negative comments, or with more negative points from the show.

I think if you dun like the show, just dun watch it. People are trying to get others to watch the shows they like because they wish to share part of their joy and entertainment with others.
But I dun think anyone would like to share the 'torture' which anyone might be experiencing. :)

Anyway, I like:
-Kiva for the simultaneous father-son storytelling (getting a little boring now though :sweat:)
-Den-O for its blend of lightheartedness and serious plot <--favorite
-Kabuto for the interesting and nostalgic Rider designs
-Hibiki for the wonderful character development
-Blade for the complex, yet tightly bound relationships between characters <--favorite
-Faiz for the story of hero-villain complications (correct grammar?) <--favorite
-Ryuki for the fresh idea of 'every Rider for him/herself'
-Agito for the Riders comprising 3 different natures coming together against a common enemy

...and Kuuga...haven't watch it yet. :sweat:

I think this post shall be bashed by many...so I shall go back into hiding again. :redface2:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top