Has the Kamen Rider franchise been going downhill since Den-O?

I don't really think it's a trend or anything, these shows have different writers and crews behind them, so each is going to have their own individual take on the mythos of the franchise, even if at times it's only as deep as calling the show Kamen Rider.

I would like less Inoue series, though, we really need some fresh blood in the franchise.
Den-O isn't God. We're not breaking a sacred commandment by criticizing the show. Deal with it.

And this topic is encompassing two shows, not one.

I think he's commenting more on the fact that it seems like a new thread pops up every week bashing Den-O.
 
yes but it wasn't overbearing.... even the light moments in Agito didn't overshadow its dark main plot of monsters killing people and a hero to save the human race.
 
yes but it wasn't overbearing.... even the light moments in Agito didn't overshadow its dark main plot of monsters killing people and a hero to save the human race.

So far Kiva has been balancing the light moments very well with the serious tone in my opinion; it compares to how Kabuto did it I think.

I like the darker plots in Kamen Rider yes, but a change of pace like Den O offered is good every so often; I (and I'm sure a lot of people as well) would eventually tune off if each new series (every year) takes the same serious and depressing tones as, say, Faiz did.

As for the original question, no, KR hasn't been going downhill since DenO; like someone mentioned, Den O injected some life into the series.
 
Actually I don't think the franchise is going down hill, at least from what I can see at the moment. Yes, Den-O was different and had its pros and cons, but since it's over I think we should bury it and start blaming Kiva (if you want to start blaming something).

It's good that Kiva turned out the way it had, I was afraid that they might keep up the Den-O trend. Den-O was fine for a year but having it spawn a whole generation of itself is hard to watch.

In other words, the only problem with Kiva is how the story is progressing. I don't think the humor or any light-heartedness(?) is affecting it. Ryuki had a lot of crazy **** going on but had a strong progressing story. So don't blame the humor, blame the writers' inability to move the story at a better pace.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top