Has anyone else started watching tokusatsu series because of an Ultra Series?

Darkster

It's over 8,000!
I see a lot of Rider fans who started with Black, I see people who probably started with Sentai, I see people who started with Power Rangers, and I see people who started with Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, but where are all the people who started with an Ultra Series?

I started because of Ultraman Tiga. I had seen and heard about Ultraman, but Tiga is what got me interested in tokusatsu series.

I was very excited when I heard that Tiga was coming back on TV and I decided that I needed to watch it. I saw most of it in RAW format, and I watched the series again in its second run afterward with subtitles complete. It still holds up there to this day for me.

I like Kamen Rider, but I'll go back to watching some good and familiar Ultra Series soon. :thumbs:

So who started with an Ultra Series here?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ultra Series were pretty much my childhood :thumbs:

Ultraman Taro was my first toku series ever. Leo and 80 as well
never actually watched any Sentai until MMPR was up, then I started watching Jetman
 
Though Power Rangers was my first venture into tokusatsudom, Ultraman Tiga will always hold a special place in my heart. The themes of death and rebirth, community over isolationism, and the strength of a child appealed to me even through all the bad stuff. I only wish all toku series could take away something from Ultraman Tiga.
 
I'm not exactly sure if I started because of an Ultra series, but my very first tokusatsu series was Ultra Seven. I saw it (and Ultraman) when I was quite young and liked the action enough. Had never really seen anything like it at the time and this was a year or so before Power Rangers, so it made a rather deep impression on me that started my liking for the style of action in the franchise.
 
Nooo. Don't take away something from it. :shakefist Tiga needs it too. :laugh:

Yeah, the end was great. Daigo mentioned that anyone can become a light with his own power. The children gave Tiga strength. They were Tiga.

Daigo was a great guy. He fought to help everyone and he fought in secret for a year. He defeated some of the toughest villains and he did some incredible things to help the misguided and corrupted kaijin.
 
Seven was my first series way back in the early 90s when i was just a little toddler. then i saw Ultraman vs Kamen Rider and found out about kamen riders, and a combination of dubbed Flashman/Maskman and MMPR later on thus finding out about sentai/PR
 
Ah, cool, Shoichi. I actually learned about kaiju movies back in the early 90s when I was very young. Tiga just really brought me into it all and I got into it more because of Kamen Rider.
 
The first Ultraman I ever saw was the badly dubbed / edited Adventures of Ultraman. Back then I had no idea it was based on a live action show.

So, maybe that was my first intro but I didn't know it.

I came into liking tokusatsu stuff from the Gamera marathons Sci-Fi Channel used to do in the 90's.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top