Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Talk Up

Faded.Memories

Im not straight but my boyfriend is
This is a thread for those of us who wish to talk about the movie that just came out. SPOILERS will probably abound in this thread, though I will put mine behind a cut.

DO NOT come in here and bash Harry Potter fans. I'm serious.

My thoughts on the movie:

[hide] I actually really enjoyed this movie, despote the fast that I was sitting front row at a midnight showing, with my neck cranked back. I literally had to look at

ONE SIDE OF THE SCREEEN AND THEN THE OTHER SIDE OVER HERE.

Anyways, some points that I'd like to talk about:

- Sirius. Now when Gary Oldman was first introduced as Sirius Black, I didn't like it. Gary Oldman was WAY too old (In the third book, I believe he was only about 36, and Gary Oldman looks MUCH older) and still very handsome looking. But in this movie, I think he actually did quite well, although I would still prefer someone a little younger looking, a little more handsome. Don't even get me started on David Thewlis as Remus because I will surely kill something.

- I LOVED. LOVED. Lucius Malfoy. But then again I always love him because he is indeed, a sexy bitch. The end.

- I loved the way they changed the death eaters for this one. The new masks, the swirling apparating and what not...that was just so much better than previous portrayals of the death eaters.

- When Sirius was speaking to Harry through the fire was MUCH improved from the third movie. I hated that the coals formed his face, it was so lame! this was much better, much more artistic. Looked way better.

- Sirius dying. Now, in the book, I do believe Bellatrix hit him with a stupefy, and then he fell through the veil and 'died'. And me, possibly being naive, had hope that Rowling would bring him back in the seventh book. Because falling through a fucking veil is no way for Sirius Black to die.
But in the MOVIE, Bellatrix hit him with an Avada Kedavra spell, and then he fell into the veil. And we all know what Avada Kedavra does. So this either means that Rowling a) Didn't care enough to correct it or b) Is okay with the fact that Bellatrix performed the death spell because Sirius really IS dead. :(
But also in the film, Bellatrix hit him with Avada Kedavra and he was still clearly alive before falling into the veil...which is WRONG.

- I loved the way the actress portrayed Umbridge. ARGHH I wanted to bloody well break all her kitten plates and shove the shards down her throat so I didn't have to hear an, "Ahem, ahem!" Although I so would have liked McGonagall to ask her if she wanted a cough drop. That was one of my favourite parts in the book. I have so much love for McGonagall.

[/hide]

I think I'll save the rest of my thoughts for later in the thread LOL you guys don't want to read a novel.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to finish Order of the Phoenix this month. Haven't had time to read due to school (damn professors). But yes, I have read everything up to The Goblet of Fire.
 
-Probably the best of the lot. Yeah, it glossed over the standard 2/3 of the book, but at least on first viewing, it felt like it hit most or all of the right notes.
-What got changed from the book definitely got changed in the right ways. Harry's not nearly as much of a prick, which worked since the "Voldemort-influence in concert with hormones and the irrational teen mind" would have been a harder sell for the hero of a kid's movie than it was for a book. Also, the casting for the new parts was dead on; Luna made me wish I was back in high school so I could ask her out, and damn if Tonks didn't make my List. Even what they did to Dudley totally made sense.
-I just wish they'd set the training montage to some 80's power ballads. Come on, it's not like Survivor's not looking for work.
-They really had a field day with the "corrupt regime uses torture to quell progressive population" theme, and I loved it. I do wish they'd tossed in Umbridge's line about having sent the dementors after Harry, though, it really would have emphasized how fucked up she was.
 
Saw the movie at midnight as well. I thought it was very well done.

wow all of this is going to be spoilers ha ha.

[hide]
- I loved the way they changed the death eaters for this one. The new masks, the swirling apparating and what not...that was just so much better than previous portrayals of the death eaters.
Agreed, Death eaters look 100x better this this flick

- Sirius dying. Now, in the book, I do believe Bellatrix hit him with a stupefy, and then he fell through the veil and 'died'. And me, possibly being naive, had hope that Rowling would bring him back in the seventh book. Because falling through a fucking veil is no way for Sirius Black to die.
But in the MOVIE, Bellatrix hit him with an Avada Kedavra spell, and then he fell into the veil. And we all know what Avada Kedavra does. So this either means that Rowling a) Didn't care enough to correct it or b) Is okay with the fact that Bellatrix performed the death spell because Sirius really IS dead. :(
But also in the film, Bellatrix hit him with Avada Kedavra and he was still clearly alive before falling into the veil...which is WRONG.

IAWTC also I didn't care for the fact that they didn't even touch on what the Veil was at all. It was oh see ya Sirius, just disappear. peace.


- I loved the way the actress portrayed Umbridge. ARGHH I wanted to bloody well break all her kitten plates and shove the shards down her throat so I didn't have to hear an, "Ahem, ahem!" Although I so would have liked McGonagall to ask her if she wanted a cough drop. That was one of my favourite parts in the book. I have so much love for McGonagall.
That actress was amazing, she did such a great job!!!


Things I would have liked to see in the movie:

-Sirius' mum- I thought it would have been hilarious to hear her screaming.
-Prof Trelawney schpeal about the prophecy.
-More about the Occlumency, that was just pointless I thought. It could have been better.
-WTF happened to Firenze??! I wanted to see him beefed up in this film, also it would have given you a better understanding to the part where they took her out into the Forest cause in the flick you have no idea she hates half-breeds. She gave Hagrid the same treatment as everyone else, so its was hard to tell.
-More Teacher rebellions against Umbridge, prof McGonagall totally backed down in the movie! Boo!
-Better exit by the Weasley twins, I was kinda disappointed in the movie version.
-Explaiantion on how the Order got there so fast, I mean wtf you had no idea someone alerted them! Everyone thinks Snape is a douchebag anyways, so no one would have just put two and two together!
[/hide]

Ok, yea that was long lol.
 
I've started the book twice, never could finish it. I did enjoy the hell out of the movie though. The chick with the purple hair was pretty cute too.:198:
 
Even the people that haven't read the book know that. Because certain people won't keep they're damn mouths shut.

*glares at his best friend*
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top