guy writes "satrical" article urging whites to go to war with asians

This was satire and it did have some funny moments...but I think what this has shown is that in this day & age, we're seeing the line between satire & reality becoming way too blurry. Things we would've thought was satire & never would really happen are actually coming true, if not have come to pass. As a result, there are those of us who decide to be extra cautious because we've seen "1984" become reality more & more...and we're hoping that we'll all wake up from this and think of it as naught but a Midsummer Night's Dream.

I mean, just look at the Onion News Network and The Onion as a whole - how many times have you read something on there for laughs, only to do a double take when it actually shows up on the news as real either because someone pilfered it from the Onion as a "reputable news source" or it has actually come true? I know I have, and it can be a bit scary.

The best thing I think we can do is sharpen our satiric radar and make it more precise. It's the only way we'll be able to determine satire from reality without thinking The Sky's Falling.
 
It's funny, but i'm not asian. I presume some of them, especially japanese, dont find it so funny, and i can see why.
 
That was funny. It was funny saying that he'll replace their rice cookers with George Foreman grills. Too funny.

I have both sitting next to each other. lol
 
well the main reason why i found it offensive was his play on stereotypes and the fact that it wasn't written like it was a satirical article, doesn't really matter since his school is in a completely different state than mine and the guy is coming under a lot of fire right now.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top