Guide to buying Godzilla movies

sgtkira

Super Kamen Sentai Rider
Hey guys, I want to buy all the Godzilla movies, since I can safely assume they're cheap now ^^ But I want to ask you guys how I'd be able to obtain them, and which ones are the best to obtain. Meaning, are there 17 versions of one disc (dubbed but not subbed, ones with "dubtitles", Anniversary collections, etc etc.), or is there just one cheap one :P or is a new company releasing it, and stuff like that. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated, since I have noticed that I haven't seen much Godzilla (only when I was younger on Sci-Fi), and I would like to get into it. So, thanks guys :)
 
well it's kinda difficult since different companies have license fro different movies. I'd say your best bet is to check a site like Amazon to see what you can find for cheap
 
well it's kinda difficult since different companies have license fro different movies. I'd say your best bet is to check a site like Amazon to see what you can find for cheap

Ah, well, then maybe I should ask this question. Do any companies have the rights to the SAME movies, and then one expired? Stuff like that
 
Back in the days of VHS there were a coulple different versions of the same movie as rights expired, I'm not sure about nowadays
 
Classic Media released two boxsets over the years, they basically had the same movies in each set. the first one was released in 2002 and the quality was poor, the second was released in 2006 I believe and had all kinds of special features.
 
Different DVD companies own different Godzilla movies. Most of them have subs but some are dub-only (King Kong vs. Godzilla, Sony's Heisei double-packs, etc.). Amazon has many Godzilla DVDs for cheap prices and discounts.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top