GARO Special: Beast of the White Night - Talkback!

The Knight of the north is bad fucking ASS!!! He uses my favorite weapon!! >_< Too freaking awesome. Im not too fond of his stubborn personality though.
At the end of the series, wasn't Kouga "assigned" to become the Watchdog of the North while Zero took over the East? Oh well, Kouga could have been "reassigned" again to yet another district during the time between this special and the series, I guess. Anyway, definitely agree with the choice of Tsubasa's weapon. I loved how the blade just popped in and out. :anime:

And holy **** we thought Garo's sword was big before, but to be able to ride it like a surfboard? :sly:

I was kind of surprised when all of a sudden, Silva was mounted on Zero's gauntlet instead of being worn as a necklace like she was in the series. I'm not complaining, mind you, just a little surprised that they did that change.

The thing that I'm really curious about is Tsubasa's Makai Knight title. I don't know if it was mentioned in the previous thread that talked about this special, as I didn't really pay much attention to it to avoid any spoilers.

This ep, IMO, is a good setup for an uber-badass Part 2. I mean, c'mon, we all loved the double Makai Knight fighting action. Now we're going to get TRIPLE Makai Knight fighting action! :buttrock:
 
yeah I do like the design of the white makai knight. He's my favorite so far. Speaking of North and East. I got confused while watching because I thought Kouga was the knight of the East and Rei was the knight of the West? Maybe I got confused.

So I wonder if we will ever see the Knight of the South and what would he look like. I guess a Black Makai Knight? Gold, Silver, White, Black.
 
Man, it's like coming home again, what an exceptional outing. little dissapointed we didn't get to see more of Kaoru but the Taiga scenes were great. I'm glad Jabi is back and Zaruba remains as glib as ever. I was so scared Gouten was gonna die. now They just need to release a figure of Zero's horse.
 
I was pleasantly surprised that I was kept interested. I never really got into the series, but I did enjoy this first part.

Rin didn't bother me. Tsubasa's outfit rocks, as does his Makai Knight form. And for the most part, the fighting was enjoyable. Loved seeing Taiga as well.
 
So does anyone know ...

... what was said to Kouga near the end just before he lands the final blows on the Makai Beast that is holding Jabi? I'm refering of course to the 'vision' Kouga has ... i'm guessing it was supposed to be his mother? It's difficult to tell with the lighting. Anyway, TVN's fansub (at least my download) offers no subtitles in that spot.

also

Mark Musashi FTW! :buttrock:
 
Wow, sword-surfing. What is this, Virtual On? :laugh:

Typical Garo stuff. Top notch fighting and CG, top notch overload of sappiness in the story. (I mean come on, Kouga kills an image of Kaoru?) Eye candy made it all worth while though.
 
Last edited:
Speaking of North and East. I got confused while watching because I thought Kouga was the knight of the East and Rei was the knight of the West? Maybe I got confused.
Nah, you were probably just thinking/remembering how it was in the series. During the series, Kouga covered the East and Rei covered the West. At the end of the series (just before they say their goodbyes in the last ep), we find out that Kouga's is leaving to become the Watchdog of the North, and Rei will take over Kouga's duties in the East.
 
Just finished watching the final episode of GARO... I'll always remember this show for the incredible fights, especially in the final episodes.

And this special continued that trend perfectly. I really enjoyed watching Kouga and Tsubasa battle it out. And Tsubasa's armor and weapon were both extremely impressive. And GARO's battles with his "sentiments" and the Makai beast to resuce Jabi was executed as well as his battle with Barago. Part two should really rock!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top