223354.jpg
200px-GaroHana_crow.png

This week, Crow confirms that he is a shadow warrior, dooming us to the Garo/ToQger crossover special nobody wanted.

In the meantime we find out where all the money that they'd saved in last week's costcutting episode went to, and JAM Project deliver their contractually obliged OP theme in the most half-hearted way possible. Oh and Mayuri meets a kindred spirit in the form of a fellow Mystic Tool, which of course Raiga immediately kills - What an a-hole!

Note: there will be a one week break before episode 14 due to the World Cup quarter finals.

A simple passerby...
While I enjoyed the fight scenes, I feel like the whole "Mayuri acts like she doesn't have feelings and relates to ugly things" is kinda... getting old and dry too soon.

The fact that she can relate, like Crow said, means that she is human. The fact that all the while that these guys have been trying to tell her, and she still doesn't "get it" is just beyond me. It's almost like every episode, they need to find a way to remind her, and take takes up the plot more than ever. Then again, feels like they are going the way of making her become the potential big boss at the end, so... we're supposed to feel bad that Raiga might have to cut her down.

Lurker
This is the first time I felt Crow can be trusted, with him joining Raiga in telling Mayuri is human and actually doing something to save her. I still feel he's too secretive tho.

Also, this might just be me being a sucker for anything JAM Project, but I liked the new op.

This is the first time I felt Crow can be trusted, with him joining Raiga in telling Mayuri is human and actually doing something to save her. I still feel he's too secretive tho.

Also, this might just be me being a sucker for anything JAM Project, but I liked the new op.

I liked the new opening too. It happens everytime, the new op always gets tons of sh*t until the people listens it a few times, then like it and the story repeats itself with every season.

I liked the new opening too. It happens everytime, the new op always gets tons of sh*t until the people listens it a few times, then like it and the story repeats itself with every season.
Well I hope it grows on me. I've not heard much of JAM Project's stuff - just their Garo contributions and their themes for Transformers Animated and Shin Mazinger. To me they're all about epic vocals over driving rock. This new OP theme is mainly a keyboard set to some kind of trumpet simulation setting. I seems less like the other songs I've heard from them and more like the opening theme to NGE (which I know has a lot of fans but I was never keen on it).

As for the episode, I wish they'd made a bit more of Raiga's "he'd been driven mad" statement at the end. The main conflict was over whether Mystic Tools are living beings or not, and Raiga just suddenly switches from defending them to cutting it to ribbons, and throws that statement in at the end to try and justify it. But it seemed a bit weak when it's actions all the way through had been understandable and sympathetic.

On the up side, Crow finally did something! :O_O:

Lurker
Ok, maybe I missed something. Didn't they say killing the beast would release all of the Horrors sealed inside of it? And then they just proceed to kill it anyway?

Or was there a possible implication that the barrier prevented the release?

Lurker
I think that was precisely what that other shadow guy was saying at the end, when he apologizes to Raiga for saying he couldn't cut it. If he did, without the barrier, all the Horrors and malevolence stored inside the beast would be set free.

As for the opening again, I see where Toku Prime comes from, and I do agree that it does not feel like the other GARO themes, or the Transformers opening. Like I said, that might be just me being a sucker for everything JAM :laugh:

Lurker
I was assuming as much, but the way it was put made it sound like "You literally cannot cut it down without the barrier to" something.