SaikoDragon
It's Judgement Time!
So I just watched this movie today. I thought there would be a discussion thread for FMA already but my search didnt bring anything related up. I probably missed it.
This movie was sort of dissapointing. I don't know why I expected anything more from it. Most, if not all, anime movies are just lame. They are side-story mini adventures that always introduce a new villain and wrap everything up.
This one was supposed to wrap up the entire series though and it does.. Now I haven't seen all of FMA. I've caught most of it on Adult Swim. If I were to guess, I would say I've seen at least 90% of the series. So I thought I had a good grasp of the show and the laws/principals behind it.
But apparently not. Because this movie really, really confused me with the whole "homunculi" stuff. I thought I understood all the basics from the show but this movie just sort of had me wanting to pause and ponder for a while. I just don't get it anymore, lol.
I just dont understand the homunculi, is what Im saying. The plot and everything about this movie was basic and simple. Some chick wants to rule THA WURLD!!1one and goes insane, blah blah. Some things were just wrapped up too quick, lots of quick deaths. The entire story just didnt even feel epic. It felt so plain.
But it wasnt a bad ending. I just hoped for more.
This movie was sort of dissapointing. I don't know why I expected anything more from it. Most, if not all, anime movies are just lame. They are side-story mini adventures that always introduce a new villain and wrap everything up.
This one was supposed to wrap up the entire series though and it does.. Now I haven't seen all of FMA. I've caught most of it on Adult Swim. If I were to guess, I would say I've seen at least 90% of the series. So I thought I had a good grasp of the show and the laws/principals behind it.
But apparently not. Because this movie really, really confused me with the whole "homunculi" stuff. I thought I understood all the basics from the show but this movie just sort of had me wanting to pause and ponder for a while. I just don't get it anymore, lol.
I just dont understand the homunculi, is what Im saying. The plot and everything about this movie was basic and simple. Some chick wants to rule THA WURLD!!1one and goes insane, blah blah. Some things were just wrapped up too quick, lots of quick deaths. The entire story just didnt even feel epic. It felt so plain.
But it wasnt a bad ending. I just hoped for more.
Last edited by a moderator: