First reactions to a new leaked rider series

bestkept

Member
hey guys..I am just wondering..when did we first get leaked pictures of a new rider series before it was announced?

and what was your reaction to the leaked rider appearance?

I remembered back in '07 I was able to read in a forum ( I don't know if it is here ) about a new rider called Kiva and had one picture... My reaction was that he looks scary but very bad ass...
 
with OOO i thought to myself "that's a cool design. i wonder what the show will be about."

with fourze: just because he has bug eyes, does not make him a kamen rider!

for all the rest: i was pretty content with what i saw, but it took time to find something for w, who is now one my favoirte riders
 
Last edited:
I can actually recall most of the reactions from the initial leaks...

Hibiki - That's a good guy?

Kabuto - Sooo....we're not getting the badass with a shotgun?

Den-O - *gigglesnort* He's got a bra face.

Kiva - Duuuude jawsome!

Decade - ...pink?

W/Double - WTF

OOO - What the actual ****.
 
I'm always negative about designs, because usually when they leak info about the rider its never enough to go by, making concepts hard to understand.

Blade- JAKQ rip off!
Hibiki- That's not a rider!
Kabuto- Now that is cool
DenO- Trains seriously
Kiva- Hmm
Decade- PINK w/ a face grill. Now that is the worse idea so far.
W- Hey! Its Kikaider!
OOO- Getter Change!
Fourze- PS3 Rider
 
Blade - Thank god it isn't called Tsurugi. Cards again? Lame
Hibiki - That man is too old to play a Kamen Rider!!
Den-O - Trains? And kings? WTF IS THIS.
Kiva- I think they spelled Kiba wrong.
Decade- WTF NO ORIGINALS. ONORE TOEI.
W- Two people in one rider? YAOI.
OOO- HIS BELT IS SIDEWAYs
 
"Blade" was before I became a dead set Rider fan, and I remember being intrigued by a sole website in a different language with a couple of pictures of a blue/silver costumed fighter battling obscure-looking monsters in the darkness.
I noticed that around "Hibiki" being aired, a show I ignored because I didn't like the designs.

"Kabuto" was my first internet leaked new series. I remember being really interested because it looked like a post-apocolyptic/future army-esque series. The Rider costume looked awesome to me, as did the monsters, but I didn't pay much attention to the details.

"Kamen Rider Den-O" looked unappealing to me a bit. I didn't like the idea of a Rider being such a pushover, and his companion being (at first I thought) evil, and the monsters didn't look all that great to me. The time travel idea sounded cool though, but I wasn't sure how they were going to pull it off every week (only to watch the show and realize that they pretty much did nothing with the time traveling idea).

"Kiva" had an awesome costume when I first saw the leaked footage, though I didn't like the forms that much (a bit too confusing for me at that time). The Kaijin looked a little generic to me at first (I now disagree with that previous opinion), and I was a bit annoyed by the constant animal-basis all Tokusatsu monster designs seemed to have at that time.

"Decade" was a show I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I didn't like the costume at all, but I thought the idea was kind of interesting. However, I hadn't seen really any of the Heisei shows besides "Kuuga" at the time. It wasn't until after "Decade" that I started watching "Ryuki," "Den-O," "Kiva," and "Kabuto."

"W" I wasn't sure what to think. I was a little excited because the idea sounded cool, but I HATED the "million forms" idea, and I thought Philip looked too flamboyant. Even the first two episodes didn't really rope me in (other than the amazing opening sequence in the first episode). Even with Accel and the Weather Dopant appearing, my standards were low. All three times, the show blew my mind out of my skull (must...resist...pun!).

"OOO" I didn't think looked very good. I didn't like the costume design, and the Kaijin didn't look very good to me. It just looked like a giant toy commercial to me.

"Fourze" is up in the air for me. I like the space theme, but the hair, head design, idea of another 'bad boy,' and even more form ideas worry me. But, we'll see, because this could very well be another "W."
 
Fouze is my first time being on the frontline of a new series, and my first reaction was "....conehead....?"

But I didnt liked OOO's at first blush either, and it's grown on me since, so we'll see what happens.
 
It looks like two things to me:

1. DekaBreak started wearing a missile for a helmet.
2. They forgot we are not in the 70s anymore.
 
Den-o: Boobs?...Oh a peach.
Kiva: Awesome....vampire pumpkin
Decade: I like it!
Double: Not a fan of the double colors.
OOO: Like the suit, hate the colors.
Fourze: Like the colors, hate the suit.
 
OOO - What the actual ****.

I love you, man. :laugh:

Kiva - Well that's... kinda interesting, chains and stuff.

Decade - Well, that's kinda bulky looking, pointy edges all over the place oh god he has a briefcase sword.

Double - Not bulky! It's like those vanilla/chocolate oreos... just with two dudes. Awesome.

OOO - Coins, medals, same thing... how many forms? Wow.

Fourze - Jeeze, I feel for the suit actor. At least it'll be warm if they decide to shoot some scenes in snow or something.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top