Family Movie: Mujigae (Happy About Kim Ji Soo's Comeback?)

I believe everyone deserves at least one more chance. Especially if they show remorse and try to be better. I wasn’t a big Kim Ji Soo fan before, but I followed his case. It seemed like he lost everything overnight. I watched Mujigae last week and saw someone who wasn’t trying to outshine others, but just wanted to be part of something meaningful. The movie is warm. It has quiet sadness and quiet hope. Ryrie Sophia is precious, and Alexa Ilacad gave a strong performance too. It felt like everyone gave space for each other on screen, which is rare. If Ji Soo keeps acting this way—professionally and personally—I’ll support his path.
 
From a media rehabilitation perspective, Kim Ji Soo’s trajectory is fascinating. Scandal fallout in South Korea often leads to permanent exile, but his strategic rebranding via Filipino media is clever. It’s no accident. The Philippines has a more forgiving fan culture, and the collaboration offers him a “clean slate” opportunity. That said, Mujigae is not a vanity project. It’s clearly structured to spotlight the child actor while giving Ji Soo a supporting, more subdued role. His portrayal of a reluctant father allows him to show vulnerability, perhaps mirroring his real-life situation. As a case study in celebrity image repair, it’s worth watching, even if you don’t fully support the comeback.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top