Don't you just love dropped plot points? Foundation X related

D

Dr Kain

Don't you just love it when a company decides to add something interesting to a series and then just drops it three years later? <sarcasm>

Foundation X is this for me. I don't know about you guys, but I liked the idea that there was a corporation in the world that was doing naughty things even though they weren't the main villains. They had a nice presence in W, were hinted at in OOO, and then were the enemies in the Fourze/OOO movie. It also helped show that these Neo Heisei movies were in the same universe. Now, they have just disappeared.

What was the point? Why bother bringing in a corporation if they aren't even going to do anything about them now? If they don't want to do them in the main series, fine, but they should be at least the main villains in the cross over movies as it would make sense. Or, just have a movie next year where they take them down since it seems like Toei no longer wants to use them.

Lurker
I think it ultimately depends on the producer. W and Fourze had the same producer, so Foundation X was featured in those series, while OOO, Wizard, and Gaim. But I agree that Toei should have planned how they would use Foundation X better. Maybe do what Marvel's movie universe is doing with Hydra and tease that the bad guys are doing stuff in the background.
Hopefully when Gaim ends, they cut to a scene where we find out Yggdrasil and Zawama City were used to as a testing site for Helheim's power orchestrated by Foundation (which would be ironic for Yggdrasil) and they got what they needed.

Last edited:
I did like that ongoing element. I suspect things were left open-ended intentionally, perhaps in case someone else would want to use it and it's just that no one has. I would certainly appreciate a final defeat or some sort of closure. It is of some small consolation that the authors of last year's Cyborg 009 comic reimagination liked it enough to include it as a man-behind-the-bad guy.

Lurker
Foundation X will probably be back for the 10th Neo-Heisei/20th Heisei rider series. Also I remember that when W was teased, Toei said something about it being the beginning of a new decade (not the rider) for Kamen Rider, which I think was suppose a shared universe and Foundation X being the central villain of this decade.

What was the point? Why bother bringing in a corporation if they aren't even going to do anything about them now? If they don't want to do them in the main series, fine, but they should be at least the main villains in the cross over movies as it would make sense. Or, just have a movie next year where they take them down since it seems like Toei no longer wants to use them.

The main issue is that the producer behind W and Fourze, the only one who ever used Foundation X (and only when he was the producer of the current series, it never appeared in the crossover movies where someone else was the current producer of the franchise) left the franchise after Fourze, and currently is focused on some police show.

The other main producers never showed an interest in the concept, so they didn't bother following it up.

With the current rotating main producer scheme, rather than a single main producer for every series, something like Foundation X being constantly used would be unlikely anyway, but the producer that was pushing it leaving the franchise pretty much killed any chances of it having a recurring presence.

It still might appear again later though, but it won't really be with the original intention. W was a pretty successful show, and Shotaro's actor seems to be easy to get back, so they easily could feature Foundation X again in some other crossover movie, but it'd probably be a "done in one" thing where they'll appear, launch an all out plan, and be destroyed, rather than the world building theme that surrounded its earlier appearances.