Doctor Who Is Moving To….Disney+?

Staff member
For those who missed this weekend’s final Jodie Whittaker episode of Doctor Who, you only need to know two things: One, it was a total mess, and Two, the episode ended with Whittaker regenerating into…David Tennant, the Tenth Doctor. Again.
Weren’t we promised a completely different Doctor (and a Black one this time)? What gives? For the answers we’re going to have to wait an entire year until Doc Who returns with three TV specials in November 2023. Here’s the twist, though — they won’t appear on BBC America. England’s most popular and longest-running sci-fi series is instead moving to Disney+, and new episodes will be exclusive to that streamer. This development robs BBC America of its main purpose for existing, though every other cable channel could say “join the club.”
Disney did not outright buy Doctor Who (though it would be in character for them). They purchased exclusive rights for everyplace in the world except the UK and Ireland (where it will remain on BBC). Those fearing...

Continue reading...

And all that I can see is just another Lemon tree
I always want to try watching this but I cant find the earlier seasons. Every story arc of the show there is a different Doctor. Recently we had the first woman doctor and she is followed by the first Black Doctor. This is like UK's Jojo's Bizarre adventure. I will only watch it though if they have the early seasons which is from 1989.

I'm hoping that Disney+ will have at least the most recent seasons of American television shows available to stream. HBO Max, who completely botched the project, posted the frame rate conversion masters for all seasons except the most recent one. I won't start watching the current series until I can watch every episode in its original 25fps version.

I sincerely hope that the upcoming episodes cover the entire current era. Given how terrible Zaslav is, I'd like to catch up on some of the seasons I've missed, but I'm not going to sign up for HBOMAX anytime soon.

British Columbia Made
Not a fan of this show but we Canadians have all the episodes of the series in the streaming platform Crave.

I'm not a big fan of this show, I watch once in a while. since HBO Max now have all episode, I will catch up there.