You must have hated the first seasons with HartnellRather oddly, taken as a whole this series was not about The Doctor but about Clara, and I don't think that's something I'd like for them to repeat next year. It's the first series of a new Doctor, why are we exploring the companion and not him?
A line commonly heard throughout the last 50 years.I still don't feel like I really know what he's like.
I've not got around to watching the classic series yet. I saw the 8th Doctor movie, saw Unearthly Child back in the early days of youtube when people could just upload entire episodes of TV shows, and a couple of weeks ago I was channel surfing and caught the last 15 minutes or so of the last episode of The Aztecs. Otherwise, my classic series knowledge is based on being British (everyone knows a little bit :animeYou must have hated the first seasons with Hartnell
Yeah but after a dozen episodes each you felt like you had a grasp of what 9, 10 and 11 were like, how they'd react etc. I'm not so certain that's in place yet for 12.A line commonly heard throughout the last 50 years.
Sorry, what I meant was that the original true protagonists were the companions, with the Doctor being the vehicle through which both them and the audience discover wonders.I've not got around to watching the classic series yet. I saw the 8th Doctor movie, saw Unearthly Child back in the early days of youtube when people could just upload entire episodes of TV shows, and a couple of weeks ago I was channel surfing and caught the last 15 minutes or so of the last episode of The Aztecs. Otherwise, my classic series knowledge is based on being British (everyone knows a little bit :animeand what other people have mentioned online.
I guess one season doesn't feel like enough for me. Oh, 9.I'm just waiting for a streaming service like netflix to get it's butt in gear and license the classic serials. Picking DVDs at random seems like an expensive and inefficient way to get into Classic Who.
Yeah but after a dozen episodes each you felt like you had a grasp of what 9, 10 and 11 were like, how they'd react etc. I'm not so certain that's in place yet for 12.
Sorry, what I meant was that the original true protagonists were the companions, with the Doctor being the vehicle through which both them and the audience discover wonders. I realize that as time passed the Doctor was what grew with the audience too, and many people watch Doctor Who for the Doctor. But this idea that the companions are experiencing what the audience is intended to be perceiving has always been around, I think. So, their role is important, them getting the focus doesn't bother me that much, since I know they haven't forgotten about the Doctor at all, it's impossible. Whenever they REALLY wanted to focus on the companions as the sole protagonists they gave them their spin-off series (or attempted to).