Dippin my foot in the Ultra Pool

I loved Nexus, and it's still one of my favorites, but Seven X was just bad. Even if it was given a longer run, there wasn't much in there for me to like. It pretty much just felt like it was being "dark" for the heck of it. Kinda odd, most Ultraseven remakes lately tend to have sucked.
 
I loved Nexus, and it's still one of my favorites, but Seven X was just bad. Even if it was given a longer run, there wasn't much in there for me to like. It pretty much just felt like it was being "dark" for the heck of it. Kinda odd, most Ultraseven remakes lately tend to have sucked.

That's kind of how I felt about it to. Seven X really felt like dark for darks sake. Darkness does not automatically equal quality.

Nexus was a dark atmosphere but I felt like there was some true Ultraman at it's core but it's a situation where the bright and hopeful future Ultraman usually defends doesn't exist yet and the story of The Next and Nexus is sort of this grand conflict that once it resolves the groundwork is set for that future to finally be. Komon finds the strength of heroism within himself because of Himeya and Ren's example and then he becomes an example of it to the child he saves at the end. A metaphor for inspiring a new generation. Basically this is an Ultraman liberating Earth from darkness as opposed to protecting the Earth from it. If that makes sense.

I wouldn't suggest it as a starter series either (again Tiga) but at the same time I don't think classic Ultra fans should be so scared that if somebody watches Nexus first they'll never like the other stuff. They may very well appreciate a change of pace after coming off what that series is doing.
 
Damn guys, I'm overwhelmed with stuff here.

I watched Episode 6 of Ultra Seven X. Guess what? Not a single GIANT anything.

So I'm going to hop onto Amazon.com and pick up those DVDs sometime.
 
Yeah, Seven X is really different compared to most series. The final battle was pretty cool, but it definitely is not what would make a good starter series. You can find most of Ultraman Max subbed pretty easy.
 
Keep in mind that Ultra Seven was often known to have extremely short appearances even in his original series. I personally enjoyed U7X, even for its like of action in the giant department.

Nexus was really great too but even for the underlying themes of hope and stuff... God, it's all gloom and doom! It's an awesome show but hard to watch sometimes because of that.

Max is just plain fun. FUN. WOOOOOOOO. Max is the show that really made me fall in love with Ultraman, I'd say.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top