DC Studios might oversee DC Comics?

As Skydance's leadership team is being finalized by CEOs David Ellison and Ynon Kreiz, there's some chatter about whether James Gunn and Peter Safran's DC Studios could take the reins over DC Comics as well. This is an intriguing prospect, considering how tight-knit the integration between media and comics is becoming.

"There is potential for DC Studios to oversee DC Comics,"
says the article. It raises questions about creative cohesion across platforms, which definitely has its pros and cons.

If Gunn and Safran bring their vision from film into the comics realm, it could make for some exciting storytelling, though I'm cautious about how that might impact ongoing series. First King and Gerads project since Strange Adventures wrapped, I'm definitely intrigued.

 
I get what you mean about wanting creative cohesion! It reminds me of the Marvel strategy where they sync up their comics and movies. When "Civil War" dropped in the comics, the tie-ins and the film had a real connection that made everything feel more immersive. It was such a thrill to see those stories intertwine, but I also worried about how it might sideline ongoing plots in the comics. I hope if Gunn and Safran take charge, they find a balance that honors both the comic book legacy and their cinematic vision. The last thing we need is for existing series to feel like they're getting overshadowed by movie hype.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top