Darna! Asia's First Superheroine makes a comeback to Phillippine Television

If the TV networks could resist the urge to turn EVERYTHING live-action into a soap opera, this would be good. But then again, I remember watching other live-action TV shows that had promise: Kidlat (based on an older Superhero), K (What-if alternate world if the Philippines was a communist country), Dayuhan (Alien Invasion story), and SAGAD (sort-of Action series featuring a nonexistent elite police squad)...all of them fell apart because RPN9, ABC5, and IBC13 all felt that it needed more F----NG SOAP OPERA ELEMENTS.

Filipino Soap Opera is something I would show to torture people. It's always the same story about some poor boy or girl who's actually the long-lost child of a rich family, who's being abused by an evil stepmother/stepfather/aunt and bla-bla-bla...the forumla hasn't changed since Flordeluna (I hated it because my parents watched it and it was on at the same time as Voltes V and other stuff).

That was VEEEERRRYYYY EXISTANT in most of GMA-7's shows. More Drama, Less Action. Makes sense???

I do agree with wavehawk that there are many Filipino shows that include waaay to much soap opera elements and that would really bore the hell outta me, but there still some shows that are worth watching. I bought the Asian Treasures DVD last year and I enjoyed the hell out of it, because it really focused on its adventure plot. Also, Rounin was a really good example of Filipino Toku, which I have yet to release here on HJU lol.

I'm excited for Darna because I'm such a huge fan of her and all. I have the Darna VCD Collection and everything, including the poster from the previous Darna series and the 2005 comic book miniseries. I'm also excited because the villains here are some of the original villains from the old comic books and movies.

And speaking of Darna, most of the villains are true to the Mars Ravelo comic.
 
I hope in later episodes the Giants and the Planet Women will make an appearance after the previous villains have been defeated.

What if viewers can submit their designs for the latest villains (providing that if the show has ran out of them), for example, a half-human, half-mantis hybrid?
 
Last edited:
I hope in later episodes the Giants and the Planet Women will make an appearance after the previous villains have been defeated.

What if viewers can submit their designs for the latest villains (providing that if the show has ran out of them), for example, a half-human, half-mantis hybrid?
Lol. Then there would be a half-human, half-grasshopper that looked like Kamen Rider. :P
 
Darna looks even better then Cutie Honey, but is it any good, but even if its bad I won't mind checking a episode out too.
 
Well, it's a toku that's full of drama and love story.

to be precise.. its a sappy telenovela. full of cheesy love stories and who gets the guy plots.. calling it toku would be an abomination. GMA is after the profits.. not the quality. if anyne argues.. look at the horror that is zaido

i rest my case
 
to be precise.. its a sappy telenovela. full of cheesy love stories and who gets the guy plots.. calling it toku would be an abomination. GMA is after the profits.. not the quality. if anyne argues.. look at the horror that is zaido

i rest my case

Failippines_in_wordspng.png


Zaido is one of the reasons why the Philppines is called FAILippines.
 
Didn't they understand that Zaido is just a spin-off?:shakefist

its a spinoff alright, it spinned off to hell. good thing toei came to their senses and revoked their contract.. and the indonesian TV cancelled the show after 5 episodes.. cmon guys admit it.. im a filipino myself. and the director for zaido himself ADMITTED he NEVER was a toku fan.. the darna franchise was great until they moved it to TV from the movies.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top