Comics Comic far better than movie!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hellboy888, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Hellboy888

Hellboy888 New Member

I felt that none of the Superman movies have been great(all 1,2 and MOS). I'd rate MOS above 1 and 2, but they're not in my top 5 superhero movies.
    Those comic books were a lot better :-(

2. megaman9

megaman9 New Member

My opinion was quite the same,until "man of steel".
    I wont say it was the best but still good enough to make as stick on the seat..

3. EileenCruz

EileenCruz Administrator
    Staff Member

I dunno. I didn't like MoS as much as I wanted. I thought everything about Man if Steel was excess. I also thought...

That moment where he had to kill Zodd was unearned. He spent the entire battle sequence not saving people and causing a tremendous amount of property damage, which probably got even more killed still. They never established him as a man that doesn't kill and won't let others die.

That entire film was a lot of moral grays. Though it was nice to see the nods to John Byrne's designs in the kryptonian council costumes. I also enjoyed seeing Russell Crowe fightin' 'round other worlds.

Singer's Superman gets a lot of crap. But I still liked it more. If only it hadn't been another real estate plot and it didn't have the kid.

4. Red Lion

Red Lion New Member

Yeah, MOS was an total let off..
    I didnt like the singer's superman nor the new one..
    Ironman and batman totally rock..

5. Haider

Haider Member

My Opinion Was Same Until I Watch Penguin 5

6. MrSackfist

MrSackfist Member

I believe the movies are the director's/writers interpretation of the comic books, it is their spin on a batman/ironman/superman (etc) adventure. I don't think I can say they are better, as it is their interpretation of the comic book, so they really aren't the same thing.