Clerks 2: Viva Pillowpants!!!

drewkim1 said:
The "Star Wars"/"Lord of the Rings" trilogy argument was the bomb! :buttrock: :laugh:
Yeah I have to agree with you on that.....Randall definitely was the highlight of the entire film....Overall this movie was great and it was good to see Dante and Randall talking like in Clerks. and especially the funniest moment was watching Jay do his "dance" haha classic.
 
J-Caizer said:
Eh.... I thought it was pretty good, but if it wasn't Kevin Smith... I would've said it was horrible. Felt forced, didn't flow, some parts (like the go karting) went for too long and they ignored all of Team Jersey Universe established continuity.

I mean, there should've been more acknowledgement of Jay & Silent Bob's adventures, and if they're going to use Ben Affleck and Jason... whatever, why not use 'em as Holden and Bankey or whatever.

If you're gonna be that picky, why not have Affleck and Lee play their roles from Mallrats intead of Chasing Amy, or their roles from Dogma? The only time they've ever had a continious role is between Chasing Amy and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, purely so they could use the the side story of the creation of the comic Bluntman and Chronic to give them some kind of purpose.

There is barely any continuity. If there was any continiuty used in this film it is from the first movie and the animated series, which is the way it should be. If they're gonna use characters from Chasing Amy, then Dante wouldn't be Dante, he'd be Jim Hicks.

Try to not think of it as 1 universe, but rather multiple universes that have 1 thing in common, Jay and Silent Bob. They were side characters in this film just like they were in Clerks, as they should be, no need for big story behind them. I wish they had that Russian d00d that sang Berserker though.

I really enjoyed Clerks II, it definitely had the spirit of the first movie, which I adore. The best was the whole Porch Monkey thing, and how they turned it into a running gag.
 
Kyusaku said:
If you're gonna be that picky, why not have Affleck and Lee play their roles from Mallrats intead of Chasing Amy, or their roles from Dogma? The only time they've ever had a continious role is between Chasing Amy and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, purely so they could use the the side story of the creation of the comic Bluntman and Chronic to give them some kind of purpose.

There is barely any continuity. If there was any continiuty used in this film it is from the first movie and the animated series, which is the way it should be. If they're gonna use characters from Chasing Amy, then Dante wouldn't be Dante, he'd be Jim Hicks.

Try to not think of it as 1 universe, but rather multiple universes that have 1 thing in common, Jay and Silent Bob. They were side characters in this film just like they were in Clerks, as they should be, no need for big story behind them. I wish they had that Russian d00d that sang Berserker though.

I really enjoyed Clerks II, it definitely had the spirit of the first movie, which I adore. The best was the whole Porch Monkey thing, and how they turned it into a running gag.
It's not multiple universes, it's actually 1 big universe. For example, Randall Graves and Brodie Bruce are related to one another. In one of the many comic books that Smith wrote about the character in the "View Askewniverse", it shows Dante and Randall in a car talking, and Randall mentions the fact about his cousin Walter trying to get a gerbil out of his ass. And let's not forget the funeral the 2 attended in the first one. It was for the girl who died in the pool at the beginning of Mallrats.
 
Misfits923 said:
It's not multiple universes, it's actually 1 big universe. For example, Randall Graves and Brodie Bruce are related to one another. In one of the many comic books that Smith wrote about the character in the "View Askewniverse", it shows Dante and Randall in a car talking, and Randall mentions the fact about his cousin Walter trying to get a gerbil out of his ass. And let's not forget the funeral the 2 attended in the first one. It was for the girl who died in the pool at the beginning of Mallrats.

Yeah I get the references and I know it's somewhat of 1 big universe, especially more towards the beginning of the whole series of films, but if Keith is gonna break down characters to their actors, it's somewhat of multiple universes.
 
Basically, you sum up all the guest appearences like this: They're all close friends of Kevin, and he asks them if they want to be in his movies. Simple as that.
 
...JERSEY RULES WOOO!!!

>_>

If there was one thing I do wonder, it's "What happened to Caitlin, or Justice?"

I know, Justice was in Jay and Silent Bob, but hey. I'd still like to see Shannon Elizabeth..>_>
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top