Cancelled shows

what do you guys think about some good shows that are cancelled after the first or second season. I feel bad that issues were left resolved in shows like Flash Forward and The Event, and even V, yet you find so many terrible shows going on for forever! What's your favorite cancelled show?
I was upset when they cancelled Tony Robbin's Break Through afte the first season. That was really good.

The TV show that got cancelled was Tru Calling. I loved that show a lot because it was full of mysteries and suspense. I was disappointed when I found out the show got cancelled. Really?! I was very upset about that because it was a good show.

Once my favorite shows now cancelled or terminated were Boston Legal and House, it's s shame, but I have to agree that both shows were somewhat crazy to the end...

The most shocking example of a show that shouldn't have been cancelled is Firefly for me, it had so much promise and a great cast, heck the director was Joss Whedon!
I have no idea why they decided to cancel it.

I was very sorry when Touch got cancelled, I thought it was a unique show.

I also didn't like that they cancelled Bunheads. It didn't have the best dancing, or story, but it was a nice show to watch, and one of the only ones centered around dancing. Plus, it was one of the shows that mostly leave you with a good feeling after watching them.

I wasn't that sorry about Heroes. I liked the first season a LOT. The second was okay, and from there on I just didn't like it that much.

I was bummed when they cancelled The Last Resort. I thought it was a well written show with just the right amount of suspense, romance and espionage. I do understand however as the series progressed that it would be really difficult for the show to have a second season. Though I'm not sure if that was by default or by design. I really hate when they cancel a show that I like in it's first season because most of the time, the plot is left hanging and I feel like a jilted lover with some unresolved feelings.

Attachments

• Last_Resort_ABC.jpg
    Last_Resort_ABC.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 55
The prematurely cancelled show that I most miss and would most love to have at least one more season of is... *drum-roll* The Borgias! The story was hardly complete by the end of its third-and-final season, and there's so much more history there that could have been explored! The series should honestly have ended with the Borgia pope's death, just as The Tudors ended with Henry VIII's death! (Or perhaps with Machiavelli writing The Prince?) I heard that Neil Jordan is planning on creating a book to present the remainder of what he planned for the series though, so at least there's that.

I strongly suspect that I'm going to be in the minority opinion with what I'm about to type next, but I would also have liked to see at least one more season of both Star Trek: Enterprise and Caprica! Now, stop laughing and hear me out: Enterprise was actually starting to get good during its fourth-and-final season, and moreover started to act like a proper prequel series to Star Trek! The events in Enterprise's series finale in particular deserved to be naturally presented within a full season rather than heavily compressed within a Next Generation holodeck simulation so that it could still naturally end with The Federation's birth! If Enterprise ran long enough, we could have even seen the war between Earth and Romulus! Caprica's series finale similarly ended with a heavily condensed version of where the writers ultimately wanted to take the series, and I honestly would have liked to have seen that expanded into a full season that naturally and properly bridged the gap between the series and the first Cylon war (and resolved some of the contradictions with Battlestar Galactica).

Finally, I also would love to see a proper conclusion to Twin Peaks--though I fully acknowledge that far too much time has passed since its finale! Similarly, I would like additional episodes of The Sarah Conner Chronicles just to explain the final scene of its second-and-final season!

Another season of Joss Whedon's Firefly would have been cool, but I'm content with the Serenity film!

Last edited:
Almost Human!! Fox ending up cancelling it after it's first season, due to a lot of things. I'm still angry though! It was such a good show! But they aired the episodes out of order, so it totally messed up the flow of the story. Also, the effects are movie level, so they're sort of expensive for a television show. Also, Fox seems to hate sci-fi. (Still surprised that Fringe lasted as long as it did.)

Also, Firefly. But we all know about that one.

Firefly has already been mentioned a few times but it's so good, I have to mention it again. I watched it after it had already been cancelled. Going in knowing there was only one season was still hard even though I prepared myself!

I'm very sad that Community got cancelled. I would have liked just one more to wrap it up. It really was my favorite comedy, I don't think a show has made me laugh so hard or made me so emotionally involved. 6 seasons and a movie!

what do you guys think about some good shows that are cancelled after the first or second season. I feel bad that issues were left resolved in shows like Flash Forward and The Event, and even V, yet you find so many terrible shows going on for forever! What's your favorite cancelled show?
I was very upset with they canceled V. I loved that show. It was just getting good, and I'm sure the rating were okay, maybe not great, but I was tuning in every week.