Calling all artists! Looking for Title Card Artist!

LaZerwolfX

Henshin a Go-Go!!
Hello and thanks for stopping by, my names Jake AKA LaZerwolfX. I'm a Graphic Design Major and I am currently in the process of filming/producing a Tokusatsu (I will also be covering Anime thats either based on a Toku series or Manga as well as the occasional J-Drama) Somewhat in the same vein as The Spoony Project and The Blockbuster Buster.

Unlike those series I'm not going to exclusively focus on bad series mostly cuz I feel theres something to love about almost every toku series. Its also not going to necessarily be a review of the entire plot of the series either, with the Toku fan base as small as it is I feel that doing entire series reviews like what EZ Rider does with Toku Time is counter productive and can't really be used to get new people into the fandom. I mean, why check out a show if the review your friend recommended to you gives away every plot twist the show has?

My show will be more of a review of the concept of a series, the types of motifs and themes you'll encounter and such. I will do more of a straight forward review of the first couple episodes in order to set up the premise an give you an impression of the formula. All the while i'll i'll be cracking jokes, and will be trying to make it a much more casual and accessible to hardcore and newbie toku fans alike as well as people who have never heard of tokusatsu before.

That being said one of the positions I'm looking to fill is someone to be my title card artist. I want to be able to give someone the opportunity to have their art showcased and i figured that yeah while i could just do it myself id much rather have a more competent artist, plus there are a lot of great artists on this forum that deserve more recognition.

id love to see artwork from as many people as possible, i don't care if its more anime or western my only request is that people draw in their style. The artist I choose won't necessarily be the one thats the very best technically. Sheer uniqueness and creativity can easily beat technical skill in certain scenarios so its anyones game.

Just to give you an idea of my personal tastes my favorite artists are:
Yusuke Nakamura (known for his album artwork for Asian Kung Fu Generation and his art direction on the Tatami Galaxy anime series.
&
Shotaro Ishinomori (especially the contemporary 60's style used for the 2001 Cyborg 009 series)

Your art doesn't need to look like theres i just figured i would share.

Anyway my first review is going to be of the 70's Toei spiderman series and so I'm looking for a basic sketch of something involving me, toei spiderman and possibly his giant robot or spider race car. if you decide to submit something make sure you pay attention to the differences between the toei spiderman and the american spiderman such as the toei versions silver bracelet thing, little things like that.

As far as drawing me is concerned here is a reference pic
[HIDE] erwolfx_in_the_digital_flesh_by_lazerwolfx-d4wenj8.avif[/HIDE]
Im about 5'4", i guess my figure would be described as "stout", umm for the sake of keeping it simple just have me in jeans, a t shirt (preferably a V neck), and low top converse.
Its hard to tell in the pic but my hair is cut a lil weird. Its longer on the top and bangs, shortest on the left (YOUR right) and then the back and right side (YOUR left) are in-between those two lengths.

Anyway you can put as much work into the piece as you want. anything from a basic sketch to a full on piece whoever suits you best. If possible try and come up with a joke or gag of some sort but its not necessary. Just upload them here.

There isn't any set date for a deadline as i still need to finish getting a hold of some stuff (better mic, lighting, etc.) so just as soon as you can works for me.

I hope some of you are interested and are eager to give it a shot, i look forward to seeing the talent of the forum. Once again thanks for stopping by, sorry for the wall of text. Hope to hear from you. :thumbs:
 
Uhh.... I'm not sure if it's too late but I'm interested in giving it a shot. I want some practice in doing more digital art anyways so this might be a good opportunity for me. If you want to check out my artwork just click my sig below. Hope to get to work with you :)
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top