Best tabletop RPGs for fans of sci-fi and exploration themes?

Justin J

Active Member
I'm really into science fiction and love the idea of exploring new worlds and technologies. I've played a bit of Starfinder and Traveller, but I'm curious if there are other tabletop RPGs out there that emphasize exploration and have rich sci-fi lore. Any recommendations for games that really capture that sense of adventure? Thanks!
 
If you're into sci-fi and exploration, you should definitely check out the Alien RPG and its expansions! The base game already does a fantastic job of capturing that eerie, exploratory vibe of space with its blend of horror and tension. Another gem is Mothership, which also emphasizes survival and the unknown in a futuristic setting. It's pretty rules-light, making it easy to jump into for a one-shot or a longer campaign.

Have you played Numenera? While it's more fantasy-tinged, it has a rich world full of ancient technologies and strange landscapes that evoke that sense of wonder in exploration. What kind of themes are you hoping to explore more?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top