"Best Character Deaths in Anime"...BEWARE OF SPOILERS

Shiro lived in 08th MS Team :sly: I don't think Toonami aired the last episode (the aired Millers Report Instead I think) that showed that Shiro lived except he has one leg

no, he had both of his legs.... he had built a cabin in the woods and aina was pregnant.

who's ayumi?
 
no, he had both of his legs.... he had built a cabin in the woods and aina was pregnant.

who's ayumi?

No he has one leg, it shows it in Millers Report but not the Last Episode, Why else would he have a walking stick? Look it up I've seen 08th MS Team a dozen times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiro_Amada

So that means Ayume is dead!?

Wait are you trying to say Aina? I'd expect someone that only watches SEED and SEED Destiny to mess up Gundam names and timelines, most of that kind do
 
Last edited:
It's hard to put the Sailor Moon deaths up there since they don't really DIE (for good) most of the time...

I would say a fairly recent one that was well handled was the 3rd Hokage in Naruto. Especailly his narrative about the will of fire being renewed, that was very well done.
 
Oh...that's the name of Shiro's girlfriend. Sorry, I am usually bad with Gundam Characters' names.

But anyway, did Aina die in the end, or is she still alive?
Aina lives on with Shiro. They live through the end of the war in the woods.

As for deaths:

-Mu La Flaga's death at the end of SEED was just beautiful. I'm still pissed at his resurrection into Neo Lornoke in Destiny. As far as I'm concerned, his feather-emblazoned helmet's still floating around in space. I can still summon a tear when I think of him saving the Archangel & saying, "I make the Impossible Possible!"

-Kyoji Kasshu & Toho Fuhai's deaths in G Gundam were also beautiful & touching, but since they've been elaborated upon earlier I will refrain from further discussion on that point.

-The "death" of the Gutsy Galaxy Guard at the end of King of Braves GaoGaiGar FINAL. I know they bill it as a death of the entire crew and all but I'll keep the faith and believe in The Oath Sworn Through Courage!

-Balgus, the SwordMaster from Vision of Escaflowne. Truly badass guy who not only taught the majority of Gaia (practically) how to wield a blade but he's the ONLY guy that can kill Guymelefs without the need for his own. Just give him a massive blade 3 times his height and he'll cleave those enemies. I still catch myself yelling "Balgus-sama!" when I see Escaflowne.

-Kamina & Kittan from Gurren Lagann were really well done as well as previously mentioned.

And of course, lest we forget - Musashi Tomoe from Getter Robo. His death paved the way in anime for heroic deaths, the remaining main guy(s) getting powered up from the grief, & the thought of mechs gaining power through the souls of the fallen.
 
Last edited:
Now go back to watching your Gundam C.E.Seedgazer 00: Endless Destiny

You mean, C.E 73 Stargazer?

Only the two pliot's of the BluDuel and the VerdeBuster, Mudie & Shams, those three terrorist children, Edmund Du Clos are all dead.

Sven and Selene are pretty much still alive, they just sleeping as the movie ended.
 
You mean, C.E 73 Stargazer?

Only the two pliot's of the BluDuel and the VerdeBuster, Mudie & Shams, those three terrorist children, Edmund Du Clos are all dead.

Sven and Selene are pretty much still alive, they just sleeping as the movie ended.

No I mean Turn X Gundam C.E. Seedgazer Wing Double O Endless Destiny: Code Blue Astray MS Frontier. Isn't that what all the Gundam newbies are watching these days?
 
You mean, C.E 73 Stargazer?

Only the two pliot's of the BluDuel and the VerdeBuster, Mudie & Shams, those three terrorist children, Edmund Du Clos are all dead.

Sven and Selene are pretty much still alive, they just sleeping as the movie ended.
HaiTien's just pulling your leg, remarking how the latest crop of Gundam shows (Seed, Destiny, Stargazer, 00) seem very interchangable in characters, plotlines, no real sense of storytelling, too many damn Gundams & convoluted claptrap that surpasses the fact of them being made for different universes & by different people in comparison to earlier shows.

Personally, I liked Seed and the first half of Destiny, then I just got too pissed with the character shift from Destiny's cast & the subsequent reduction of building on Shinn & Company...of course it didn't help how much of a whiny brat he was & how they retconned Mu's death in Seed.

This of course, brings the thread back on topic to Great Character Deaths in Anime...and Go!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top