6th rangers are actually "extra rangers" from the usual first 5 members for a sentai. Goon Gold (Suto Hiroto) of the Goon Wings in Goonger is a 6th hero too. His sister, Goon Silver (Suto Miu), is a 7th warrior.:anime:
Abare Killer was just so different from the others. The whole series was lighthearted and kid friendly and then they throw in this extra guy who is just DARK. And I mean REALLY dark. Even his name. Abare KILLER. Intense stuff. I got choked up near the finale with his fate.
Technically he is a 5th hero, however I make an exception due to him being a character separate from the main team who is introduced after the initial group of heroes. Also, to quote my toku home slice Shaun,
You said it, Sandman. Abare Killer is technically a 5th hero. Anyway, it's also good that you clarified that "exception" of yours. Did he really have 6th ranger blood? How? Maybe he is related to someone named Dr. Tommy Oliver (Dr. O). After all, Abare Killer's alter-ego is a doctor and Oliver is also a "doctor" and a former sixth hero at that.:anime: