Be With You ~ Mom Promised to Come Back From Cloudland

I liked how the movie used a simple fantasy to talk about something very serious—death and grief. As an adult, I don’t believe someone can come back when it rains, but I understand why the child believed it. The story about the penguin was smart. It helped the boy keep his mother in his heart without fear. The father was trying to protect him, and I respect that. But I also think he should have prepared his son more for reality. Still, the moment when the mother shows up is very emotional. I didn’t expect to enjoy this movie, but it surprised me.
 
The story is emotionally driven and leans on sentiment more than logic. I do not mean that as criticism, just an observation. As a parent, I understand protecting a child from pain, but at some point, truth must be told. The man chooses not to be honest, which might create confusion in the future. However, the emotional journey of the boy and the reappearance of the mother, even with amnesia, is handled with care. The actors play their roles with subtlety, and the film does not push the fantasy too far. It remains controlled, which I appreciated.
 
The story is emotionally driven and leans on sentiment more than logic. I do not mean that as criticism, just an observation. As a parent, I understand protecting a child from pain, but at some point, truth must be told. The man chooses not to be honest, which might create confusion in the future. However, the emotional journey of the boy and the reappearance of the mother—even with amnesia—is handled with care. The actors play their roles with subtlety, and the film does not push the fantasy too far. It remains controlled, which I appreciated.
I totally agree. I felt like it was not fair to the child.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top