Battlestar Galactica - Season 3

I can't watch it yet.
I'm still plowing through Season 1 and then Season 2.

I don't know why I waited so long to watch this show...it's FRACKIN AWESOME!!
 
This past ep: Kickass events/story advancement. Awesome fights.

Pathetic script.

Seriously, the opening stuff with Apollo and Dualla was fucking cringeworthy, and most the rest of it wasn't much better. You pretty much knew exactly what was going to happen in the space battle with Pegasus coming back for the save as soon as Lee got his orders. It was like the writers grabbed an intern or two, said "okay, here's the plot outline for the ep, make sure all this stuff happens and, uh, people say things, and we're going to get high for the rest of the week." Overall, other than the whole WTF baby thing, the events were pretty cool. For me, it was mostly the dialogue that crashed and burned, and that's a shame, because the first two season had such tight dialogue going for them.

But that thing? with the Galactica and the kickass warpy **** and the vipers and the "this should be different?" ...that placated me quite a bit. And I think it's actually pretty interesting that Baltar will now apparently be going the route he did in the old BSG series and actually hanging out in Cylonville.

And I can't remember the name of the Cylon who had Starbuck locked up, but it really should be "Kenny." XD
 
Here's what I posted at ToonZone:

Tigh being a skinjob is what's set me thinking the most. That and this quote here "it was about the creation of the cylons 50 years ago.." So yeah, with Tigh... it'd be impossible. I was thinking about this with some others. They were kids a long time ago and have histories that everyone knows.

I don't think they'd go the clone route cuz that would be cheap.

But I've been saying since Season 1 that there's a third alien party out there. The gods of Kobol.

Remember when they found Kobol there's the legend that some alien race worked with the humans to get them going. Then Boomer says, "We know more about your religion than you do."

Since then I figured that Phantom Six and Phantom Baltar are alien entities... gods of Kobol.

That and that when the mech Cylons went out to space they found the gods out there and brought 'em back for the big war.

"What if God felt he made a mistake with the humans?" So, the gods came back to wipe out the humans.

These aliens/gods have been around for a long time it sounds like, so they could have planeted some of their own in the human race like Tigh, Boomer, and the others.

That these Final Five are singing an Earth song could mean this third party has ties to Earth.

Kara being back was a surprise. I knew she'd be back, but I thought she wsa gonna come back late in the next or final season.

Didn't we see her ship blow up and debris fly everywhere? I could see Kara coming back, but her ship? Her return, I thought meant she was the Fifth Cylon and it would explain how she was able to get visions and the such.

Another curious thing... Roslin getting woozey and powering down the same time the fleet did. I was thinking, could the blood she got infused with be changing her?

I really liked the rock opera ending. Something about the way it was ending with the guitar rockin' gave me a feeling of Beast Wars or something.

5/5

Awesome... but motherlovin' brutal we gotta frackin' wait 'til 2008 to see new episodes. >__O

EDIT: Another thing, if they're hearing songs from Earth, maybe the Cylons are artificial humans from a destroyed Earth. The Earth got used up, destroyed, and the human race had to go out and colonize out in space, running into the gods of Kobol along the way to create the 12 colonies.

Left behind were the 12 artificial humans that maybe want the humans to pay for the crimes they visited on Earth.
 
Well they were hinting at The Beings of Light from the original series making an appearance so thus they may be the third party set to appear next season.

Oh and before anybody else asks, the cover of "All Along The Watchtower" playing in the final moments will only be available on the new Galactica soundtrack, set to be released in August.:disappoin
 
I couldn't believe the season finale! It's going to be really hard to wait until 2008 for more.:bawling:

I'm going to have to fill in the blanks because I missed most of season 2. I was following season 1 for a while but then something happened and I lost track. It's awesome to have good sci-fi though. Been waiting for something to fill the void.
 
I've been told by a trek fan (at a trek board I go to) that Battlestar Galactica (the new one) is really good. Is there a site do download the first two seasons (if its by torrents, give me the site)?
 
Wow I didn't create a threa don this last night cause I didn't realize anyone else was up to date. 2008 can BURN IN HELL for all I care. seriously what is Sci-fi thinking. Actually there is gonna be a 2 hour TV movie at the end of 07' for Galactica to tide us over, so thats why. OBVIOUSLY Starbuck was one of the 5 as soon as she blew up. the other 4 make sense because thier all people who were in key positions (Sam just HAPPENS to be in the mountains when the attack happened) except for Laurie who was a nobody till Billy died (And took part of the shows soul with him) as For Tigh and the age thing. doesn't mean anything. The 3's played by dean stockwell appear older than him and no one raises a fuss, just means they gave him an older appearance.

One theory my friend Dave Kill told me is that unlike the original series they won't arrive at modern day earth. but rather the Twelve tribes of Kobol will become the Twelve tribes of Isreal. Cause if they DO arrive at Modern day earth I demand a stargate cross-over.

Over-all Season 3 really lost it's footing, too much romantic drama, anything to do with Dualla (Seriously I mean billy died because she was cheating on HIM, but she gets all bent about her husband pining over another woman, or being on the wrong side of a court case, or for using up the last of the Toilet Paper and not re-filling the roll.

Adama and Lee's relationship just resetting to the start of the series every episode, the destruction of the Pegasus crammed too many cast members onto one ship. Starbucks dumping Sam despite all he did for her. NEVER finding out what Baltar wispered to Gaeta. and Episodes that while great character devlopment for secondary cast members, had NOTHING to do with the over-all plot as wasted the precious 10 episode seasons Sci-Fi allots.

But I did love that for a good majority of the season Saul crawled out of the bottle, I was REALLY happy that Ellen died. she was suffocating his character, leaving him a one trick pony. I also liked the development between Adama and Laura.

2008 pisses me off, but since Jamie Bambner (Apollo) says 4 will be the final season we can hope for a quicker moving plot that gets us back to what made season 1 great.
 
as For Tigh and the age thing. doesn't mean anything. The 3's played by dean stockwell appear older than him and no one raises a fuss, just means they gave him an older appearance.

It's not just his appreance, it's that he's been in the service and known Adama for faaaaaaaaar longer than there was ever a skinjob that we knew of.

He's been alive and growing up all this time, even before there were mechanical Cylons.

And the only other race that was around before the Cylongs were Earth Humans and the gods of Kobol.

So skinjobs are either remanents of Earth or decendants of the gods of Kobol.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top