Are the 6 Star Wars movies getting the Blu-ray treatment?

I refuse to give Lucas any more money until he restores and releases the ORIGINAL trilogy without all his tampering and CG bullshit.

I guess I'll have to just wait until the man dies. >>
 
My Dad has the original VHS for Ep. IV, been meaning to watch it and see how different it is compared to the "updated" one.
 
I've got the original trilogy on VHS myself in their earliest VHS release. (back when the first movie wasn't called A New Hope, but just Star Wars and had the weird...manly Luke box art) Picked them up for about $10 total at a used book store, it's really great to see the movies in their original state. I'm of the mind that if Lucas wants to make the movies using today's effects, do it from scratch, I'm sure Star Wars remakes would net him a lot of money and allow him to make his "vision" a reality.
 
I downloaded fanmade DVDs of the original cuts and they made me fall in love with the original trilogy all over again. I'm done with everything else from the franchise but I practically worship those original cuts.
 
I've got the original trilogy on VHS myself in their earliest VHS release. (back when the first movie wasn't called A New Hope, but just Star Wars and had the weird...manly Luke box art) Picked them up for about $10 total at a used book store, it's really great to see the movies in their original state. I'm of the mind that if Lucas wants to make the movies using today's effects, do it from scratch, I'm sure Star Wars remakes would net him a lot of money and allow him to make his "vision" a reality.
I have a feeling doing that would take away a lot of the subtle homages to past cinema if he remade them. He basically used old ideas and made them seem new again.
 
I refuse to give Lucas any more money until he restores and releases the ORIGINAL trilogy without all his tampering and CG bullshit.

I guess I'll have to just wait until the man dies. >>
Considering that they came out with the "un-touched" original trilogy on DVD due to fan bitching, I'm sure it won't be too long before that too is released on blu-ray.
 
I keep hearing that those aren't actually the original original versions of the movies. I'm curious as to the story behind those.
 
Guys, Lucas released the original trilogy on DVD a few years ago. Each DVD contained the original untouched versions and the Special Edition on one disc. I doubt Lucas will release the untouched versions on Blu-Ray as it won't match up to his whole vision anymore though.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top