Anita Sarkeesian: I Am Not A Gamer

When people have donated money, one must be transparent about what you have used that money for

There was some "joking" speculation that she used the money for a boob job, but other than that, she's been rather mum about the money

Which concerns me
 
Does this discredit her work?

Yes, as she has been focusing on video games and has made a name and money off of that specific media she's studying from a feminist perspective. You need to study what you're deconstructing before you can properly critique it. For example I wouldn't do an anime deconstruction from a capitalist perspective because I haven't been watching anime since I was 14-16.

Have her investors been robbed?

Yes at least to me. She's no better than a snakeoil salesperson. BUT since it's a donation it is a bit more gray than just saying she's a con artist. I myself doubt all that kickstarter money is going towards her videos though.

Is she just merely doing this for the sake of some politically driven bias without caring about the ramifications?

Yep she's basically Pat Robertson only with a liberal feminist background and not a moral conservative background. Something I find disgusting on both sides of the fence.

I don't wish her any harm and I do however wish she would either stop or actually do research before she opens her mouth.
 
watching the video, it seemed like back in 2010 she just wanted nothing to do with video games, she sounds like she would play video game but she wasn't a true gamer. that's only my thoughts on it.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top