Amazon Prime Japan announces future original KR and Ultra content

Toku Prime

Well-Known Member
amazonshows.avif​

For those that haven't heard, Amazon Prime Japan have been announcing all the shows they are adding within the next year, and it included two new toku projects. One is the official confirmation that the currently streaming Kamen Rider Amazons will be getting a second season in 2017. The other is an announcement that Ultraman Orb will be getting a spin-off beginning in December.

Source: The Tokusatsu Network
 
Last edited by a moderator:
In what season does it gonna happen next year ??

Anyway, so excited to hearing this!!
Not for long that i've re-marathon kuuga, i feel like my dose of gritty series just keep pushing on
I really hope that in time amazons got better in quality XD


Now i wonder what is gonna be the cliffhanger of this season?? Someone dies, or...someone evolve to another ?
Gahh, i really forgetting about ghost now that i've set my attention to this series primarily lol
 
Man that is great news, I've been really enjoying Amazons a lot. I wonder if it will be about Haruka and Jin or if it'll be a new Rider, like Kamen Rider Amazon Ripper or something?
 
The big question I have is how does this impact Tsuburaya's relationship with Crunchyroll, and will it affect the simulcasting of Orb itself?
In what season does it gonna happen next year ??
It's highlighted in red in the screenshot above. It looks like season two of Amazons begins at the beginning of April 2017. The Ultraman Orb spin-off (in green) will begin in December, while Orb is still airing on TV.
Awesome news I do have one question how many episode did season one of KR Amazons did they do??
It's still coming out but IIRC they're meant to be doing 13 episodes. Each episode title is written in English and the first letter of the titles have been in alphabetical order. The producer has apprently said that he'd like to complete the alphabet so it looks like another 13 episode season next year.
I wonder if it will be about Haruka and Jin or if it'll be a new Rider, like Kamen Rider Amazon Ripper or something?
If they're continuing the alphabetical episode titles it makes me presume they're also continuing the same story. Which makes sense; It feels unlikely that they're going to fully conclude the current story in the remaining four episodes. :sweat:
 
I don't think it should affect Tsuburaya's connection with Crunchyroll. The two seem to have built a strong relationship this past year and a half. Amazon Prime can have the shows that Tsuburaya makes exclusively for that platform, but the normal TV shows will probably remain on Crunchyroll.

However, The Tokusatsu Network updated the story with the biggest bombshell about these announcements. They're going to be available WORLDWIDE.

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/05...inoff-among-others-planned-worldwide-release/
 
this is certainly good news for those of us who have stopped enjoying the Sunday morning series. I was hoping we'd get some adult oriented Sentai on there too, but hey, if it means more KR series like Amazons without all those elements I loathe in current KR, I won't complain!
 
It's still coming out but IIRC they're meant to be doing 13 episodes. Each episode title is written in English and the first letter of the titles have been in alphabetical order. The producer has apprently said that he'd like to complete the alphabet so it looks like another 13 episode season next year.
If they're continuing the alphabetical episode titles it makes me presume they're also continuing the same story. Which makes sense; It feels unlikely that they're going to fully conclude the current story in the remaining four episodes. :sweat:

Can't wait to see what kind of title they'll have for the letter Q, X, and Z :P
 
this is certainly good news for those of us who have stopped enjoying the Sunday morning series. I was hoping we'd get some adult oriented Sentai on there too, but hey, if it means more KR series like Amazons without all those elements I loathe in current KR, I won't complain!

And for those of us who want to enjoy the Sunday morning show without edgy crap, and/or nonsense that belongs in a Jdrama *cough*GaimandDrive*cough*, it's great, cos Toei has Amazons for that! Not just a win, a WIN-WIN!

I should think Jin and Haruka will still be around for S2 ... how many of the rest of the current cast will still be alive is doubtful though!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top