A Canadian Toku Fan in Tokyo

Undrave

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
So I'm going to Tokyo later this month, I leave on November 26 (so I get there november 27) and I come back December 5.

I'd like to take this opportunity to take a few pictures at some signiture Toku spots all over Tokyo. Anybody know a few good spots that aren't too much out of the way? Like that one fountain with the rocks we started seeing around the Decade/Shinkenger crossover? Or that one footbridge where the last episode of W ended. It was also in the last episode of Gokaiger where hte gang meets up with those grade schooler from the first episode.

Also I'm open for suggestions on what to do, and would be open to meeting up with some of the fine folks we have over there!
 
Well if you like the toys you can't go wrong with visiting one of the many Mandarake locations. They always have great deals and you'll save on the hideous shipping costs if you just stuff 'em in your suitcase.

When I went to Japan I shipped home a...rather large crate of stuff for ~$100 bucks. Which I'll tell you is a LOT cheaper than the combined shipping costs of the last 5 figures I bought individually.
 
Sentai filming locations is largely filmed outside of Tokyo. I've been filming a short documentary about them, but it's been hard to actually find a location that's within reasonable travelling distance. I'd recommend Saitama Super Arena. It's been used a thousand times in shows from different angles outside and in, you should be able to recongize lots of different scenes from different shows.

The Kamen Rider Bar is still open, but the Akibaranger one is long gone. The Kyoryuger live shows at the G-Rossos at Tokyo Dome will have the actual cast in as of this Sunday, running for a month before moving from city to city. You will probably have to buy a ticket for a different day as they sell up very quickly. Definitely worth going to as they're a lot of fun and you can show off your Kyoryuger Dance skills to the childs who are frankly awful at it.

Everything else I can think of starts after you leave...
 
Sentai filming locations is largely filmed outside of Tokyo. I've been filming a short documentary about them, but it's been hard to actually find a location that's within reasonable travelling distance. I'd recommend Saitama Super Arena. It's been used a thousand times in shows from different angles outside and in, you should be able to recongize lots of different scenes from different shows.

The Kamen Rider Bar is still open, but the Akibaranger one is long gone. The Kyoryuger live shows at the G-Rossos at Tokyo Dome will have the actual cast in as of this Sunday, running for a month before moving from city to city. You will probably have to buy a ticket for a different day as they sell up very quickly. Definitely worth going to as they're a lot of fun and you can show off your Kyoryuger Dance skills to the childs who are frankly awful at it.

Everything else I can think of starts after you leave...

Too bad for the locations... I dunno if I'll have time to go all the way out to Saitama. Not sure what else I would do there. At worse I guess I can go check out the Tokyo Tower area...

A live show..huh...I'm not fluent in Japanese but I guess it could be fun. How much are the ticket?
 
Too bad for the locations... I dunno if I'll have time to go all the way out to Saitama. Not sure what else I would do there. At worse I guess I can go check out the Tokyo Tower area...

A live show..huh...I'm not fluent in Japanese but I guess it could be fun. How much are the ticket?

Saitama is less than 40 minutes away from the Tokyo Central, it's worth going once you get there. You could do the travel and and trip in about 3 hours.

Japanese isn't required, there's speaking of course, but it's mostly for the fun of seeing everyone running around. You'd be surprised how good the choreography can be for a stage show. Tickets are about 2,000 yen, but definitely worth it.

I live in Akihabara, I can give you a quick tour of it while you're here.
 
Saitama is less than 40 minutes away from the Tokyo Central, it's worth going once you get there. You could do the travel and and trip in about 3 hours.

Japanese isn't required, there's speaking of course, but it's mostly for the fun of seeing everyone running around. You'd be surprised how good the choreography can be for a stage show. Tickets are about 2,000 yen, but definitely worth it.

I live in Akihabara, I can give you a quick tour of it while you're here.

Aside from filming spot, what else is there to see in Saitama?

How long inadvance should I get a ticket for the show and where to get one?

And any meeting with someone would be welcomed. I will probably do most of my purchases in Akihabara :p
 
I will probably do most of my purchases in Akihabara :p

I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to go to Nakano Broadway either. Akiba may be the geek mecca, but Nakano's hobby shop is 6 floors stacked with shops of all kinds. Definitely worth going to.
 
I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to go to Nakano Broadway either. Akiba may be the geek mecca, but Nakano's hobby shop is 6 floors stacked with shops of all kinds. Definitely worth going to.

I do intend to go there too. The Mandarake store there seems to have all the cool stuff.
 
sounds fun, it's suck that the new museum of sentai and kamen rider opens on the 20th of December and in Chiba City(luckily still in the Kanto region), i wondering how i would be able to transport there from tokyo if i plan on going there in the future. also i wonder if anyone have plans to return/go there in 2020 when the olympics arrive.

anyways have fun there at the end of the month.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top